“We were delighted”
Review of Casa D'Angelo

Casa D'Angelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,345 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Over the years I had heard that this restaurant was very expensive and not worth it. Last week I found that to be untrue. Three friends and I had a great evening there. The service was warm and professional. I'm speaking of waiters who have been serving for many years.... not inexperienced youth. When I asked for a moderate wine recommendation, the waiter suggested a bottle of their reasonably priced house red (about $30). We so enjoyed it we had a second bottle. We each had different starters, they were beautifully presented and we very much enjoyed them. The waiter stopped by the table every so often to ensure we were happy. I ordered a pasta with a veal ragu which was perfectly prepared. Perfectly. And the pasta prices are reasonable. Everything was right. This was one of the best meals I have had in the Ft Lauderdale area. My friends and I will be returning to Casa D'Angelo frequently.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Go here several times a year, always a very enjoyable experience though a bit pricey. Food is among the best meals to be gotten anywhere, service is always wonderful, done in a professional, personable manner.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very consistent and decent Italian food. Always a pleasant experience. Wait staff very helpful. Not cheap by any means, but worth the price.

1  Thank abarasol
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Words could not describe how utterly delicious our meal was. I ordered the fried calamari as an apitizer, pene alla vodka as a main dish, and apple tart for a dessert. The fried calamari was nothing but perfect... very crispy and not chewy! the penne alla vodka left me speechless. Not even in Italy have a tasted something so delicious. The apple tart was just as good as anything.

Service was great.. our server was very funny.
definitely will be back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Tonight was my third visit to Casa D'angelo. It was also my last. My friend wanted me to take her there as a birthday gift. I consented. I made reservations more than a week in advance for 7:30. After questioning twice, at 8:00 we were seated at a table that had been empty since we arrived.

The waiter was anything but attentive. He never came back once to ask if everything was ok. My salad was great. My guest's calamari was not. My pasta dish was served just above room temperature. Her lasagna was very doughy. We both had a nice glass of wine. I asked for pepper and, when the waiter did not reappear, used the pepper on the table.

Worst of all, it was VERY noisy and very active. Chairs were constantly being bumped by staff and guests.

Writing this one off my list for good.

1  Thank BabsNMarty