“CONSISTENTLY TOP NOTCH”
Review of Casa D'Angelo

Casa D'Angelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa D'Angelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Go here several times a year, always a very enjoyable experience though a bit pricey. Food is among the best meals to be gotten anywhere, service is always wonderful, done in a professional, personable manner.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very consistent and decent Italian food. Always a pleasant experience. Wait staff very helpful. Not cheap by any means, but worth the price.

1  Thank abarasol
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Words could not describe how utterly delicious our meal was. I ordered the fried calamari as an apitizer, pene alla vodka as a main dish, and apple tart for a dessert. The fried calamari was nothing but perfect... very crispy and not chewy! the penne alla vodka left me speechless. Not even in Italy have a tasted something so delicious. The apple tart was just as good as anything.

Service was great.. our server was very funny.
definitely will be back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Tonight was my third visit to Casa D'angelo. It was also my last. My friend wanted me to take her there as a birthday gift. I consented. I made reservations more than a week in advance for 7:30. After questioning twice, at 8:00 we were seated at a table that had been empty since we arrived.

The waiter was anything but attentive. He never came back once to ask if everything was ok. My salad was great. My guest's calamari was not. My pasta dish was served just above room temperature. Her lasagna was very doughy. We both had a nice glass of wine. I asked for pepper and, when the waiter did not reappear, used the pepper on the table.

Worst of all, it was VERY noisy and very active. Chairs were constantly being bumped by staff and guests.

Writing this one off my list for good.

1  Thank BabsNMarty
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Recommended by a work colleague in the US and to book. We were seated early outside which was fine.
Waiter was a little surly, but not out the ordinary.
Shrimp starter was excellent.
We both ordered chicken, but only one arrived with fish as the second dish.
I enjoy fish and so had this, rahter than wait for a second to arrive. The fact I saved them having to through the fish out you would have thought they would have only charged the price of the chicken - after all it was their error.
The table opposite also had an issue with their main course as it had to go away and come back, by which time the partner had finished his - hardly romantic.
I get the impression lives on reputation.