“Best Barbecue in South Florida!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tom Jenkins' Bar-B-Q
Ranked #82 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Best Barbecue in South Florida!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Whenever my family and I are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we stop by this restaurant to get some of the best barbecue around. I always chose the rib platter with greens, beans, Mac and cheese and ice tea. The only negatives are slow service and the restaurant's seating arrangement. But those negatives are more than mitigated by the great food. So I will give Tom five stars.

Visited June 2013

“The best bbq”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was just on my way to ft Lauderdale beach when I happened to pass this place. I turned around to just to try it out being it was lunch time. It was the best decision of my whole vacation. The smell of the BBQ before I even entered the front door, had me trying to get in line faster. The staff was very friendly, food was great, and prices were reasonable.I highly recommend if you are passing by.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Have not been in a while, but when I did go, I appreciated the wonderful bar-b-q treats and the great desserts. Good sides LAO.

“Decent BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tom's is not the Best BBQ in the world but it's not the Best BBQ in the world. But if you don't feel like breaking out the BBQ at home and you want someone to do the cooking then go to Tom Jenkins. The sides were really good too. I have to admit, I thought the sides were a little better than the meat. But that is only my opinion.

Weston, Florida
“Southern cookin'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I've been wanting to try this place for a long time and it lived up to the hype. The restaurant inside is small and only has a few benches. I'd suggest calling ahead for pick-up to skip the lines and eat in the comfort of your own home. The food was really really good. Classic southern BBQ. Try the pork, it was great!

• Visited August 2012