“Neighbourhood Gem!”

Ranked #9 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: An oasis of inspired Southwestern fusion, Canyon consistently serves an innovative and surprising array of American artisanal cuisine with Asian, South and Central American undertones. Chipotle, wasabi, ginger, cilantro, lemongrass, basil, jalapeño, mango and red chilies accent the freshest seafood and wild game available. Seductive lighting and a constantly evolving mix of music enhances your dining experience and keeps the intimate space filled with a captivating and energized clientele every night. Immerse yourself in the ambiance as you savor one of Canyon's notorious Prickly Pear Margaritas.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent Food, Great Ambience and Awesome Service. Canyon has the perfect mix for a business dinner or date night. Throughly enjoyed my first visit here. Plan to visit again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located next to the Gateway Cinema on Sunrise Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale. Its a small intimate restaurant with great atmosphere, very attractive & attentitive staff and most importantly with imaginative food! You choose from a great selection of tapas style dishes that are beautifully presented, we had Venison in a Blueberry/chilli sauce that was to die for! Along with a bowl of Calamari that was one of the best I have ever had plus shrimp/chirzio dumplings that were absolutely delicious followed by a Bread Pudding topped with cheese on a bed of Blackberries & warm sauce WOW! You wanted to try everything on the menu too, it all looked amazing, a really special & memorable evening, what a great find!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've dined at Canyon several times, both with a group of friends as well as on romantic date occasions. The service and food quality were consistently first rate.

I try lobster bisque nearly every time I see it on a menu, and Canyon's rendition tops my list of favorites. I love that the bisque is accompanied by a gruyere grilled cheese!

The "small plates" are quite substantial portions, I ordered three to share with my husband on my last trip (the lobster bisque, bbq shrimp tostada, and short rib tacos) and we had left overs. Writing all that down made my mouth water.
I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beef was tender & enjoyed it very much - always a great presentation. Server was excellent & made us feel special. Drinks were nice & it was a relaxing evening for the two of us. Would recommend & will come back.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a member of the staff at the hotel I was staying at. Upon entering, I was greeted by a friendly smile and nice atmosphere. The meal was excellent and the presentation was also excellent. The waiter was familiar with the menu and able to make recommendations. I only wish I found the restaurant earlier in my stay as I would have gone back numerous times. I highly recommend this to anyone in the area.