“Absolutely delicious! Best eating experience in Fort Lauderdale.”

Canyon Southwest Cafe
Ranked #8 of 1,377 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: An oasis of inspired Southwestern fusion, Canyon consistently serves an innovative and surprising array of American artisanal cuisine with Asian, South and Central American undertones. Chipotle, wasabi, ginger, cilantro, lemongrass, basil, jalapeño, mango and red chilies accent the freshest seafood and wild game available. Seductive lighting and a constantly evolving mix of music enhances your dining experience and keeps the intimate space filled with a captivating and energized clientele every night. Immerse yourself in the ambiance as you savor one of Canyon's notorious Prickly Pear Margaritas.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been to happy hour at Canyon a few times over the years (which is awesome!) but hadn't had a sit down dinner. Wow was I missing out! The food is really good and unique. The salmon torte and lobster bisque apps were perfect (as usual), the scallops with risotto was amazing, along with both fish entrees I tried. The service is great and the atmosphere is nice. Perfect for entertaining out of town guests, date night, or special occasion. This is really the best pick in Fort Lauderdale!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Canyon is consistently awesome. My favorite items are the Prickly Pear Margaritas and the Bread Pudding dessert ... which is why I encourage you to consider eating your meal in reverse order ... or seriously at least save room for dessert when you order your meal!
Canyon has been our go to "birthday" restaurant for a long time. Over the years, I have tried many of the appetizers and entrees and I have never been disappointed. My only wish is that they had a vegetarian option ... although that being said, they did make a very delicious vegetarian burrito for me once when I requested it.
Important Tip: Go early, very late or be prepared to wait. No reservations. Even if you have to wait, it's worth it!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Canyon's excellence in execution of Service, Cuisine and Ambiance is Supreme!! From the Beginning to the end..(.the enjoyment of memories and craving of flavors thereafter..mmm)Canyon is choice.
Canyon is at a premier mid-Lauderdale location...tucked away off of sunrise blvd and us1...Small and quaint yet Sexy and Sultry. The food decadent and delicious. be amazed and awaken your taste buds.
I could elaborate, .but I'll get right to it, The intimate size of venue and secluded décor is perfect to compliment the South Western, yet Asian, yet so truly American fare--the fusion incredible...the menu small and fabulous. The drinks incredible...please bring me another! The portions are perfect and the flavor superb, exciting and original.
Canyon has a wonderful take on the usual and has extraordinaire specialties. Oh my, the desserts!...if you have room in your belly...don't go without...scrumptious.. And if you are unable to eat all your deliciousness...they package in a very cool Canyon to-go shopping bag.
Go ahead and try anything on the menu..You will not be disappointed. Go regularly, as the menu changes... but Canyon's quality and tastiness will always remain consistent---- top notch.
The staff...will cater to content.
Excellent...will go back and back and back.
Take a trip to Canyon...It is not just a meal..it is an experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was by far the best place for an Excellent meal and cocktail... The prickly pear Margarita is awesome and the steak is mouth watering... I was very happy with the wonderful staff and atmosphere.. The tables are private and romantic.. My husband had the sea bass ..which was "Outta this world".. I will continue to dine here as often as possible ! The vanilla and berry bread pudding was insanely yummy...

1  Thank Michpauz
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend and I visited Canyon for a girls night out a week ago. We had the delicious Prickly Pear Martinis and ordered three appetizers to share. Not only were they absolutely delectable, but filling as well. Of course, our server offered us dessert...how could we pass up apple pie nachos?!? Those were to die for! Overall, it was a great experience! Definitely going back!