“Fantastic Food, Convenient Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casablanca Cafe

Casablanca Cafe
Ranked #17 of 1,321 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Houston TX Area
“Fantastic Food, Convenient Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had been making reservations for all our dinners and this night we just wanted to walk to some local restaurant. The reviews for this place were good so we said what the heck. It was a short walk for us and we were immediately seated. The restaurant has great outdoor seating or inside comfortable seating.

The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. I had their special pasta dish - a goat cheese and eggplant stuffed ravioli with a very light cream sauce with chick peas. I know, very odd sounding but it was out of this world! It was truly a light summer pasta dish. My husband had their specialty walnut chicken dish and he loved it. We had spent the last three days eating seafood and this was a wonderful change.

I would highly recommend the food here....we loved it and would most certainly return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

• Finnish first
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Wait help and staff are always so nice here. Hostess gave us a primo seat up stairs on porch overlooking the beach, nice breeze and shady. We love the lamb pita sandwich with sauteed onions . It is overstuffed accompanied with the best waffle sweet potato fries I have ever tasted. They also have great fish tacos. Always stop here when in Fort Lauderdale, its the best...

1 Thank 01sashi
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
“A pleasant surprise awaited us!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Upon arrival at a local resort, an employee suggested this restaurant for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised! Although it was packed with patrons, the service was expeditious & impeccable. I had the salmon, and it had been prepared PERFECTLY by their talented chef.
This is a definite MUST if you are in the area! Kudos to the staff!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Felicia M
Little Falls, Minnesota
“Good food, good happy hour, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I enjoyed my time spent at the bar at Casablanca Cafe, where I enjoyed the beach view while sampling the happy hour fare and later over dinner. The gator appetizer was very good. I had a seafood dish that was good but not great. The beer selection is basically pretty weak and the bartenders don't know the difference between an ale and a lager. If you are driving you can park in the cafe's dedicated lot, but it will cost you $5. Metered on-street parking is a couple of blocks away.

The locals were very friendly. Travelers should note however that Casablanca Cafe is known as a gay bar -- not a fact that seems well publicized in the reviews that I read. Anyway I'd be back even though I'm straight. Good place, good times!

Visited June 2014
La Paz, Bolivia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We went for a late lunch. Lived the choices on the menu. Something to please everyone in the group, even the fussiest eater. Everyone loved their meals. Very well presented and good service. Nice view of the ocean.we would go back, just wish we found it sooner.

Visited July 2014