“My Favorite Fish Taco @ Any Price”
Review of Zona Fresca

Zona Fresca
Ranked #63 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“My Favorite Fish Taco @ Any Price”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I order one thing here. I order a fish taco with cilantro added. This comes with chips. I also order guacamole- a small, and that comes with homemade chips. I get salsa from the salsa bar- many selections to chose from and then I squeeze lime and hot sauce over all. I order a cold beer and the entire meal is $7. This for me is heaven. I have paid $22.95 for fish tacos when this one is $2.95, tastes better and is good every time I order it...awesome.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank FoodieGirl50

“It's the definition of Fresh!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Very fresh and tasty food. Beats other fast mexican food places by far. Try the fish tacos. Great selection of beer. The salsa bar is among the best I've seen and service is fairly quick

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family goes here about once a week.The food is always fresh and good, the service is great and you can eat outside.

Visited August 2012
London, ON
“Sounds better than it is!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Tonight was our last night in Fort Lauderdale and we decided to try Zona Fresca as we were craving Mexican food.

First off, the parking lot was quite small. We were fortunate to have found a spot. I didn't expect it to be "a la Taco Bell" style where you go up to the counter, order, get a number, and then wait for it to be called out.

There's a decent amount of variety on the menu...and you can see everybody working/cooking in the back. You can also see the chicken on the grill being cooked. On the plus side, the food is fresh. The salsa bar is nice as well offering fresh Pico de Gallo, Habanero Salsa, Tomatillo Salsa, and a Salsa Fresco. The Fresco had the most flavour in my opinion. The Pico needed salt!

I ordered the chicken burrito. On my first bite, I get gristle. After politely removing the gristle from my mouth, the rest of the chicken really had no flavour. The chicken tasted charred and dry. I had to add more Pico and salsa to the burrito (which already contains Pico) to give it flavour.

The entire experience was a little disappointing. I felt like a number as opposed to a customer. I would have given Zona Fresca a higher rating had the food been more flavourful.

• Visited August 2012
Ontario, Canada
“Fantastic meal at a great price”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Fresh and tasty food at a great price. Large portions and unlimited salsas and soft drinks available. A must do if you like Mexican food.

Visited August 2012