“Best New Restaurant In Fort Lauderdale”

Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Bar Sea Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy pristine seafood, live lobsters and prime steaks in a fresh, upscale casual atmosphere at Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Filled with modern-contemporary nautical touches, the experience will leave you feeling like you have just dined on a luxury yacht. Beautiful tiled archways and custom lighting give the dining room a more intimate feel, while the lounge's vibrant U-shaped bar and channel-back seating welcomes guests to relax and dine with friends and colleagues. The fully covered patio with cushioned furniture is ideal for cocktails and light outdoor dining.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best New Restaurant In Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I are always seeking out the perfect dining experience with the right combination of ambiance, service and excellent food. LBSG has hit the mark in all three categories.

Everything was perfect from the time we stepped in the door and were greeted by 2 very friendly hostesses that immediately wished me a Happy Birthday thru the conclusion of the meal.

We had a cocktail at the bar which was white and modern with a nautical theme. The modified lighthouse light fixtures hanging in the bar area are gorgeous. My wife wanted to bring one home even though it was too big for our home. LOL

After cocktails, we were taken to our table which was ready on time and were greeted by our server, who was very personable and knowledgeable concerning the menu items considering the fact that the restaurant was open for just about a week.

We started with a Tuna Tartar that had a mushroom base. It was fresh with excellent flavor.

We then split a Beet Salad that had a beet sorbet in the middle and a whipped cheese that had the texture of a Crème Fraiche that was the perfect consistency to match the texture and flavor of the beets.

I had the 6 ounce Prime Filet as an entrée and my wife had the horseradish encrusted red snapper that were both excellent. In addition we ordered a side of brussel sprouts that were prepared perfectly and also had an excellent flavor.

We were told that the steak is cooked on a burner at 1700 degrees. It really brought the flavor out of the steak, while giving a perfect sear on the outside.

The only disappointment was that I was expecting a little desert with a candle for my birthday, but that is apparently not part of the program at the Lobster Bar.

Notwithstanding, it was an excellent experience and we intend to dine at LBSG on a regular basis.

Florida
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

5 of my friends and I went to LBSG for dinner last night. The place is gorgeous! Beautiful restaurant and great looking crowd. The service was wonderful! Our server was really knowledgeable about the menu and made us feel very comfortable at the table. The food was phenomenal. We had a bunch of appetizers. My favorites were the octopus, tiradito, and flash fried lobster tail. For an entree, I had a tasty and perfectly cooked filet. The creamed spinach and corn mash were fabulous. I can't wait to go back! My new favorite restaurant!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Ooh la la! Magnificent!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Las Olas dining scene has been dealt a knockout blow with the arrival of this visually stunning, immaculate restaurant. Move over, Las Olas; a goliath has burst upon the scene.

The restaurant has been open less than two weeks. We have dined there on each of its first two Saturday nights, after which we have decided Lobster Bar Sea Grille has quickly displaced our former favorite South Florida restaurant, and relegated it to a distant second.

In the course of two visits, we sampled appetizers of escargot (served in a puff pastry, as delicate as a snowflake), octopus (lovely presentation, perfectly cooked), lump crab and fried lobster. We are not big fans of lobster, but flash fried lobster, with a delicate, crispy golden crust, was a first for us. The preparation gives this overrated (in my opinion) crustacean a much appreciated introduction to new texture and flavor. Fried lobster is tender, juicy and delicious; an absolute must here.

The chopped salad is quite possibly the best I have ever had. The portion size is substantial. The caesar salad is lighter, with a tangy, but not overpowering dressing, topped with fresh white anchovies.

On our first visit, we ordered one of the whole fish preparations. The fish is served with head and tail on, but deboned and fileted. This is a large dish, and is meant for sharing. Although lobster (and seafood) are the restaurant's namesake showcase items, the steaks served here are better than any I've had in any chophouse in South Florida. On our first visit, my partner ordered the signature filet au poivre. Tonight, I had the 22 oz. bone-in ribeye, which was perfectly seasoned. Every bite left me looking forward to the next.

Service here is fastidious and personal. There is a veritable army of service staff here No glass is left unfilled, and no detail is left unnoticed. Amanda waited on us during our first visit. Drew, the server on our second visit, knew as much about our first visit as if he had waited on us himself. Amazing! They obviously maintain information on guest preferences.

On each visit, we were visited tableside by the G.M., George, and the corporate boss from Atlanta (Kevin). Tonight, the sous chef, Laura, visited us as well. Unlike any dining experience in South Florida, this restaurant astonishingly exceeds the rule of "know your customer". In the course of two visits, they made us feel as if they have known us a long time.

We do not consider ourselves easy to please, and regularly drive to restaurants in Miami, Boca Raton and places in between. Having Lobster Bar Sea Grille right here in the neighborhood has eliminated the debate about where to go for the perfect evening.