“Great Greek Food in Fort Lauderdale”

Greek Islands Taverna
Ranked #13 of 1,359 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Outstanding, authentic Greek Islands food with casual atmosphere and inside and outside dining. The ribs, lamb and octopus are favorites. The Greek salad and dressing do not get any better! A must when in the Fort Lauderdale area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have decided that Greek Islands restaurant is hands down my favorite restaurant when I am in Ft. Lauderdale. This is my second trip and we went there for dinner on Saturday. There was a line. It's very popular and I think there is always a line but we only waited about 25 minutes. A big part of any dining experience is the staff. I found them to be outstanding. Everyone is friendly and attentive and they had perfect timing with brining out our meal. I love the bread and hummus they bring as a starter. The bread is so good we asked for some oil and balsamic to finish it off. The grilled octopus is the best thing on the menu. It was perfectly cooked, flavorful and was so soft it was like butter. If you have never tried octopus, i highly recommend you try it here. We had the lamb chops for dinner and Wow! Beautifully cooked and tender. We sat outside and enjoyed the warm evening. All in all it’s was a lovely way to spend an evening. We actually went back 2 days later for lunch. Oh oh, now my mouth is watering all over again just thinking about it. I can’t wait to go back to Ft. Lauderdale and Greek Islands Taverna!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

When ever we go to or from Ft Lauderdale airport we dine at this restaurant. It's always been a very good meal. Prices are reasonable & the wait staff is always good.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I have been retuning to this resturant for years. Every year I have tried something different on the menu, and every year that dish becomes my new favorite. This is really a great resturant.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Even though reservations are not accepted, the wait is never too long. I know people who come from areas north, south, and west of Ft. Lauderdale. Their food is AUTHENTIC Greek; reminiscent of the months I've spent in Greece. It becomes a favorite for all persons I introduce to this restaurant. My favorites are the Horitaki salad (no lettuce; a winter vegetable in Greece), the lamb chops, and the Galatabouriko dessert. Our family comes here a lot from where we live in Plantation, FL. Excellent food and service. Poli orreao!!