“Best Greek food .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greek Islands Taverna

Greek Islands Taverna
Ranked #11 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montreal, Canada
“Best Greek food .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Wow from the Greek salad to the lamb chop this was a real feast.

Did I mentioned the octopus, the gyro and the amazing rice pudding?

They even prepared a kid size chicken and rice for my 5 years old even if they don't have a kids menu.

Highly recommended, will revisit on next vacation.

• Hungarian first
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Lamb chops and octopus are to die for. Swordfish and salmon are also also excellent! Try the sausage for appetizer. The place looks really simple, but the food is top notch.

Wheaton, Illinois
“If I owned a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited Greek Islands on a recent trip to Fort Lauderdale over the holidays. If I owned a restaurant, this is how I would want it..... no reservations and lines of people waiting to get in! And waiting in line our 35 minutes was definitely worth it. The staff outside was pretty accurate in our wait time, and with a glass of wine (house Merlot) in hand, it wasn't too bad.
The hummus and bread they bring as you sit down sets the stage for a wonderful meal. We had the 4 dip appetizer, delicious and garlicky. For an entree, I would highly recommend the lamb chops and roast chicken, however, everything we had was wonderful. Would definitely go back if ever in Fort Lauderdale!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dianne A
Kenosha, Wi
“I always meet my Greek friend here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

When I visit FLL, I have dinner with a long time friend She, being of Greek descent, always meets me here as she feels the food is the best Greek for many, many miles. Last night we met again and thoroughly enjoyed everything we had - ribs, saganaki, salad, octopus, and lamb chops. There was a table of 7 of her relatives also in attendance as this is a must-visit restaurant for them also. The place was very, very busy and they do not take reservations.

• Visited January 2014
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

The best traditional greek food I've had in a long time! You must try this place if in town. I can't wait to go back. The moussaka is out if this world! You won't be disappointed!!