“My favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale”

Greek Islands Taverna
Ranked #11 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
westchester
“My favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for about 15 years. I live in NY, but used to go back and forth to Fort Lauderdale for business. I always went here with my friends. It has great Greek food at reasonable prices. It is so wonderful to relax outside. My girlfriend and I always get the Spanakopita and the big Greek Salad! They don't rush you and you feel like you are in Greece.
It's not fancy but it's just a great place and everyone seems to know it and love it

• Hungarian first
Sanlucar de Barrameda, Spain
“Great home style Greek food”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were staying at the nearby Il Lugano hotel and this place was so good we visited twice in one week! Our first visit was on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was still fairly full on our arrival after 9pm. They bring complimentary hummus and bread and then we enjoyed the mezes; loukankia (sausage), dolmades (stuffed vine leaves), spanakopita (cheese and spinach filled parcels), keftedes (flattened meatballs), a very tasty Greek salad along with pitta bread and baklava dessert to finish. Everything was obviously home made and freshly cooked, simple but good food.

On the Saturday we paid a repeat visit and had mains of leg of lamb with vegetables and fillet steak shish kebab with rice. Both were huge portions of again tasty home cooked food. The restaurant was packed and had a lively atmosphere.

Service was good, friendly and efficient. Wine was good, we tried a reasonably priced bottle of malbec and on the other day had shiraz by the glass.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Fresh Red Tomatoes!!! What a fabulous Greek Salad!!!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The BEST LAMB CHOPS EVER!!!!! Tender & Flavorful!!!! Excellent Greek Restaurant. Family Style we shared a huge, fresh Greek Salad. The tomatoes were juicy red and delicious!!! We shared Mozzarella and humus. I had the LAMB CHOPS they were unbelievable!!!! Fun atmosphere great bar if your are flying solo wine & cocktails!!! Excellent & Professional Service.
Twitter@NatalieMcBee

Rosenberg, Tx.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still think about that sauce”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I ate here in mid-June and I still tell people about the chicken and that wonderful sauce...and the rice pudding....the meal was incredible. The bread, the hummus, the wine, the meal...it was just perfect in my opinion. One of my most memorable meals ever...I wish my traveling companion was with me at the time. She really missed out on the best meal of the trip.

• Visited June 2013
monroe twp., nj
“Authentic Delicious Greek food”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We make sure we eat here whenever we go to Fort Lauderdale. Once again they did not disappoint. Make sure you order the lamb chops which are cooked to perfection. The Greek Salad and their appetizers can't be beat. Great service.. Get there early if you want to get in.