“Wonderful Fresh Seafood”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Order the octopus. It is the most tender, simply prepared, greatest tasting octopus I have ever eaten -- and I am a huge octopus fan. Order it even if you do not like octopus. You'll like octopus after it. Greek Islands is a basic looking restaurant with mostly outdoor-ish seating. The service is fabulous. You are started with both white and whole wheat bread and a very good pot of hummus. Then... order the octopus! We also had grilled fresh whole fish (sorry do not remember the type), a greek salad with wonderfully ripe tomoatoes, and fried smelts which were boned and absolutely grease-less. Wait if you have too. The food is worth the wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have now lived year-round in Fort Lauderdale for 5 years. During that time, we tried every Greek restaurant within 20 miles trying to find Greek food like we experienced in Chicago. Greek Islands has the best food, with the best service. We typically make our way there at least twice a month and they are full of happy customers every weekend evening, and most weekend days. We recently went there for a weekday lunch and were pleasantly surprised that our favorites were part of the lunch-portioned specials! Our favorites: the lamb chops and Greek chicken.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I have to eat at Greek Islands at least once when we are in Florida. I'm sure their other dishes are top notch also, but we go for the lamb chops. They were delicious, however, this time we also had the large shrimp dish and they too were great. I do not want food with lots of salt to give the food taste. My ring came off easily later which showed my finger did not swell up as it does at some other establishments. The potatoes and vegetables were also devoured. The fresh hummus and bread we coud not finish. There was no room for dessert.

Service was very good.

The only problem is the parking unless you eat around 4-5 PM, otherwise there is only valet parking ($3) plus tip which I have not experienced at other restaurants. Also, they take no reservations so many times we had to wait for a table.

If it wasn't for the parking and no reservations, I would have given the restaurant 4 1/2 stars.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's solid Greek food you can't go wrong.

Why not 5 stars?? Good question it is almost there; Greek Islands Chicago would be 5 star (not accociated with this restaurant) if you have eaten at both you would get where I am coming from.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious. The mezze (appetizers) are BIG in size. We asked for 2 appetizers, one order of olives and a main dish and we could not eat it all. The prices are reasonable and the service is very good. There was a line but we were in in 2 minutes.