“Still Magnifico!”

Bongusto Ristorante
Ranked #470 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Pleasantville, New York
“Still Magnifico!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I dined there again last night with friends a pair of fussy & knowledgeable foodies) and all three of us were delighted. This is my favorite restaurant in Ft Lauderdale and my only regret is that I only get there once per year.
All three of us ordered the veal Involtini ( sometimes called rolatini. This is my favorite dish at Bon Gusto. They prepare it superbly: veal rolled with spinach, fontina cheese & prosciuto. You rarely see this on a menu and it is worth going out of one's way for the involtini here. Their fish is also magnificent: fresh and prepared as you like. Last night they had pompano on the list. I was torn but yielded to the veal.
Bon Gusto has the best dessert cart in Florida - all made right there. I cast my diabetic caution to the wind last night to indulge in the Napoleon - light as a cloud & freshly made. I almost ordered their German chocolate cake or their luscious strudel. And then there are the profiteroles. None of these should I be thinking about!
I long to go back. Perhaps some excuse will bring me to Lauderdale before next spring.
Reservations strongly recommended.
One complaint: an overzealous waiter whisked the wine bottle away before it was empty. It had a half a glass left. The head waiter overheard our comment and he immediately retrieved it. They also could have a better and more interesting wine list, especially for the under $40 bottles.
My complaints are few and I'll be back for sure.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hugh B

• Serbian first
Florida
“Authentic cuisine”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

As a native Floridian with hundreds of restaurants to choose from, I have to honestly say that Bongusto's is my all time favorite. The stuffed artichoke appetizer tastes just like my Siclian Grandma used to make and is enough to share with your spouse. Antonio, the owner/chef is hands on in the kitchen. My all time favorite is the snapper franchise, my husband Tom will only order veal Marsala at Bongustos. You are cheerfully greeted by Anne, Antonio's wife and friendly, knowledgable wait staff. Very good wine list and full liquor available for hubby's manhattans. See you at Bongusto's!!!

1 Thank runloose
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I dined here on a Saturday evening with my husband. We have been driving past Boongusto for years, we won't be driving past any more. Ignore the decor, and enjoy the food!!!! The service is friendly and prompt without being pushy. Love this place.

Aventura, Florida
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

This is one restaurant that should not be missed. The food is incredibly delicious. The service and staff are very accommodating. We have been there a couple of times and out of six of us never had a bad meal. We highly recommend this restaurant. Enjoy.

Pleasantville, New York
“Simply magnifico!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Simply my favorite Italian restaurant. I stumbled on it some years ago searching for a place to have dinner. I was not expecting anything more than a standard Italian meal. I was blown away by the quality of the food and service. The prices are very reasonable for this caliber of food, and even better if you get the early dinner special before 6pm which includes soup or salad, dessert & coffee.
It is one of the few places that makes veal involtini (rollatini) - to die for! The dessert cart is the best in Florida - or anywhere else! It is all homemade. The other night I took a nose dive off my diabetic diet for their strudel.
I live in NY and come here once or twice a year. I wouldn't come to S FL without paying a visit. If I lived locally I'd be here all the time.
And I like the old fashioned, retro eleganace of the dining room. Who needs anymore halogen lights and hard surfaces to create a cacophany that makes civil conversation impossible?

i