“Food Pics”

Cafe Bluefish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Here are the pics I mentioned in my previous review. Sorry for the confusion.

2  Thank CaptCharisma

Reviewed April 4, 2009

I've been going to this place for years. Some of the 'help' has changed over the year, but the food and atmosphere remains excellent. As somene else noted, seems they're now participating in the Restaurant.com coupon deal as well.

The wings are top notch. They offer a variety of sauces and always big size and crispy. I even included a pic. You can't go wrong with most any seafood or sandwiches either and the 'sides' are great. They do something to the french fries, it's like some sort of light coating that makes them crisp and tasty..all good!

The choice of 'premium' beers on tap will sometimes change. The drinks are about average price for Ft Laudedale and they don't slack on the booze.

If you're driving there is metered parking. Plus, I know some have been using the 'closed' hotel was Holiday Inn) parking lot for 'nuthin'.

3  Thank CaptCharisma
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The food in this place was off the charts. We stumbled on it by accident after going to the beach and walking back to our hotel. I had the fried fish, french fries, and coleslaw. I also had the conch choweder. The fish had to have been the freshest fish I ever had and the way they fried it was incredibly delicate. There WAS ABSOLUTELY NO FISH TASTE. I have never had fish that had such incredible flavor. There is something about their fries as well..they are like the battered french fries (which I dont usually like) but they were so fresh as well...I would almost go back to Ft Lauderdale just to eat here...

3  Thank etltr
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We went here during our vacation. I had bought a gift certificate from restaurant.com for $25 (only paid $5). When I presented it to the waiter he wasn't phased and was very helpful. We had a blackened sword fish with onion rings, spinach dip, and a fish sandwich of some sort. The sword fish was excellent! Loved the atmosphere here too. There were several motorcycles parked out front. Great casual vibe here. Would highly recommend!

3  Thank Tahoe349
Reviewed December 26, 2008

We went there with friends the last night of our stay in Lauderdale.

Wish we would have found it sooner. The place is half open air and is one of the few places I have seen with angled parking for motorcycles. Amazing custom bikes were parked outside, guys love this place, custom exhausts can be loud but that is a part of the charm.

The night we were there Red Snapper was the special. We had it blackened not only was it Superb but they gave us both filets, with a monster baked potato for about $ 15.00. Burgers, fish and chips also looked good. Full bar with good drink prices.

It is in a part of Lauderdale one-half block from the ocean, older section with the older Lauderdale feel. I hope they don't tear this area down for another condo high rise development.

1  Thank pkbroch