“Old School Charm”

Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Doesn't look like much from the outside, sitting in a downscale strip shop center. Inside, it was reminiscent of small, family owned restaurants in Europe. The service (from the moment I walked in the door) was above average, and the menu was reasonably varied. The food? Good but not great. I shared their signiture dish, paella. It was pretty well loaded with sausage, shrimp, scallops, etc. Well seasoned and plentiful, but I had a slight issue with texture. My past experiences with traditional paella is with a slightly moist mix of the seafood, meats and rice. Cafe Seville's version had so much juice in it that it was soggy. It didn't take much away from the flavor profile, but it wasn't my favorite preparation. I thought perhaps it was just my personal taste, but several collegues (who grew up with traditional Spanish dishes) agreed. Don't let this stop you - they also have a decent variety of fresh seafood, some delicious sangria, and other tempting choices. If you do go for the paella, let them know as soon as you are seated, because it takes at least 20 minutes to prepare.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

went there because it is close to where i stay. Ordered Paella for 2. Portion was nice size, however the quality and texture of the shrimp were not that good. service was so so.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I am not from a state where strip malls are the norm, so driving up to Cafe Seville, I had my reservations. I have to tell you...You have to go. Amazing food, awesome and friendly staff and yes it is a bit dark in there, but that just makes the experience all the better. We were greeted and made to feel like old friends before we sat down and from there it just got better. I suggest you try the Paella - it is to die for. This will be a return to restaurant time and time again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This restaurant is where my family goes not only to celebrate special occasions, where I take business clients and just go with my wifeto enjoy a great meal especially the paella and great tapas. For the tapas you have to try the mussels, escargot and grilled charizo. If paella is not your cup of tea, try the lamb shank or the fish specials. On season or off season, it is always crowded. The food is excellent, the service fantastic and the wine list varied and priced reasonably.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had dinner at Seville yesterday. Place looks out very modest but inside very cosy. Had no reservation but luckily got a table. Seems to be a lot of clients who dinners here often. Eployees and Owner are very polite and nice. Had scallops, paella and A recommended cake - all of them were out of this world! Couldn't be better. We'll be back for sure. If You visit Fort Lauderdale and are a friend of spanish food, make sure You will not miss this restaurant. 10 points with additional tip.