“Memorable night...”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Hackensack
“Memorable night...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Last Thursday I was Il Mulino to celebrate my mom's birthday with family and some of her friends...I have been here before and the experience was as memorable as the first time. From the fresh Parmegean Oregiano, sopresatta. and a wonderful assortment of breads to nibble on while you're deciding what to order, to the lemoncello with an assortoment of desserts, each bite was sublime. The service was top notch as well and added to a very special evening.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Well...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I went there this evening to kick off my birthday week :) mainly because as long as we've lived here, we had never been. The decor is relaxed and inviting, and we were seated right away. I ordered a kamikaze rocks (it's my bday - don't judge) and he had a coke because he was driving - drinks were brought within a few minutes. Our waitress was very pleasant, and, thank goodness, not a "hover-er". We ordered the brushetta for a starter, tomatoes were VERY fresh and overall it was very tasty. I ordered the blackened shrimp with rigatoni. It was served in a mushroom reduction, which sort of made the shrimp soggy where it should have been crisp. Two of the five shrimp were over, so although the pasta was fresh, the rest of the dinner was disappointing. My husband ordered the lasagna, which he finished, but the sauce to me tasted a little "Chef Boy-ar-dee"-ey. Even being 98% Irish, I think I make a better sauce at home. That being said, it was a relaxing dinner, thanks mainly to our waitress who filled our drinks like a ninja, and the overall feel of the restaurant. We probably won't go back, though. :(

1 Thank Beth5789
South Florida, Florida
“Always delicious”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have been eating at Il Mulino for years. The food is always very delicious and consistent. Service is always great and the wait staff and hostesses are very friendly. It is the best Italian restaurant I know in south Florida . I have tried a few expensive ones they did not impress me. They make a very authentic Italian food. For example their lasagna is made with béchamel and Bolognese sauce and it is superb, not like the other Americanized lasagna oozing of cheep parmesan cheese. The flavors are delicious and they make all their sauces and desserts from scratch on premises. I have never been disappointed after a visit and always leave with a smile on my face. I love that they have added gluten free pasta to their menu. It will be fantastic if they could add a dairy free cheese as an option to add on pizzas for those with lactose intolerance.

• Visited May 2014
“Best pizza I've had in a long time ”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Party of 5 excellent food and service. Large portions. Great atmosphere. Very friendly. Highly recommend eating here. Only negative is it was cold. Bring a jacket if you tend to chill easily.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Excellent all the way.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Probably the best home made lasagna in Miami/fort Lauderdale area. Good service, good appetizers, nice bruchettas and prizes to please every wallet.

• Visited April 2014