“Classic Diner.”

Lester's Diner
Ranked #2 of 39 Dessert in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Weston, Florida
“Classic Diner.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Here's your classic diner in FLL. It's open 24hrs. Good service and pretty good food, staff was really friendly. Large portions.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Key West FL
“Smorgasbord of Potential Options”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate here Sunday night with my girlfriend. The waitress was very friendly. Just so you know, plan on spending 5-10 minutes on deciding what to order- they have so many options. I decided on one of the dinner specials- chili mac- which comes with a salad, drink and dessert all for a great value. There was so much food, I declined the bread they offered with the combo. Chili was good but not great, greek salad was very good.
My girlfriend ordered the eggs benedict with virginia ham. The eggs were perfectly poached and the hollandaise sauce was amazing. She chose the hash browns as a side which were a very tasty addition.
We did a "Dessert Upgrade" with my combo and got the Eclair to go. It was very very tasty. They bake all their desserts there and they all looked delicious.
Would definitely go back here again!!!

Ft Lauderdale
“40 year favorite”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been eating there since my Grandmother took me.
Large menu and all evening long special dinners that include beverage, soup or salad, and dessert.
Definitely try the Napoleons.

Visited May 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“Terrible food. Crazy clientele. Gruff service.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Lester's about once a month with a group for several years. I've seen a decline in the quality of the food, from poor to worse over the past 18 months.
It started with the shift from Coke to Pepsi. Evidently when Coke pulled their machines, they pulled the water filter - the Pepsi products (or perhaps the ice) reeks with chlorine smell from city water.
Food quality is abysmal. The gyro meat is over over cooked and dry. The meat used in the French dip is dry and is contains a bit of gristle. I've tried a number of the specials and generally find that the dishes with seafood use very little seafood and lots of filler - flour, corn meal and cheap cheese product. Cuts of meat are the least cost cuts, probably bought frozen from a purveyor.

I met someone for lunch here a while back (their choice) and ate a bowl of chili. I would presume the chili was home made because I barely made it home before I was sick.

I returned to socialize with a group that meets up here periodically. 8 to 12 people in this group have met at Lester's every Friday for many years. I vowed only to order eggs, my rationale being that it is safe - it's difficult to screw up eggs.

But this past week I ventured out to order a spinach/feta cheese/tomato omelette. This would turn out to be my final meal at Lester's, ever. The feta was slimy, and in combination with the spinach, tasted strongly of soap. I told the waitress that I didn't think that the cheese was right - that perhaps it was cheddar. She took the dish away for a few minutes and then brought the same dish back. She said that the cheese was indeed feta according to the manager and it was as I had ordered it, and then put the same plate in front of me. I told her that something was off in the omelette and that it was unacceptable. She left it. I then ate the toast, a few of the home fries and asked her to take the omelette away. She told me that I could speak with the manager.

A half hour went by and no visit from the manager. The waitress brought me my check that included $12 for the omelette.

I asked, "Where's the manager?"

"At the checkout." So, for the first time that I can remember, I got up from the table without leaving a tip. I never, ever stiff the wait staff.

I waited in line, arrived at the checkout, complained about the omelette to the manager - "no charge - you don't like, you don't pay." I told him that was the first positive thing about the meal.

By the time I arrived home, I had, er, digestive system problems. Something in my two bites of omelette nailed me. I'm glad I didn't eat the entire mess, and I won't go back to Lester's.

Visited May 2013
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“everyones diner”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

boat captains, crews, multimillionaires all eat there. Giant menu, good food, fast service, an institution in Ft Lauderdale for decades. This is where the locals eat.