“Old Faithful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had breakfast last Sunday at Lester's - a local institution. Lester's has been at the State Road 84 location in east Fort Lauderdale for many years. Day or night, it's a reliable place to cure your hunger. At 1030am, the place was packed, as is pretty much normal for the day and time. We had a short wait of less than ten minutes before being seated. The waitress took drink orders immediately, and breakfast orders shortly thereafter. We all had standard breakfast fare - eggs or an omelet, hash browns, corned beef hash, etc. Two items were missing when served, but when we pointed this out the server immediately went to the kitchen and delivered the missing items. The reason for the mediocre review was the food, which was OK, but no better. The portions were very generous - no complaints there. I would rank Lester's below another busy Sunday breakfast place, the Floridian on Las Olas.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lester's not only gives you great food at a great price, but you are probably going to have enough leftovers to take home.
I love most Diners, but Lester's outdoes them all. There are several in South Florida and I am sure they are all as good as this one. If you have a family to feed, you will appreciate their prices. I have a special friend that visits Florida twice a year, and she demands to eat at Lester's at least once while she is here.
See you there.
I'm going to try to upload a pic of Lester's. look at the cars in the lot. That's how long Lester's has been around.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

good customer service and so to eat and from working in a fast paced atmosphere and multitasking and so professional

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great place to grab a bite to eat. They have something for everyone and more. I when for breakfast and the portions were perfect. I would love to gone back for seconds.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had dinner here the night before our cruise. My wife had the Pastrami sandwhich which was piled high with lean Pastrami and she said it was great. I had a french dip which bordered on awful. The beef was very fatty and salty it was suppose to have cheese which was invisible.