“Affordable food, cute little find”
Review of Lester's Diner

Lester's Diner
Ranked #3 of 40 Dessert in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were searching for some breakfast places and had worn weary of the higher-priced Fort Lauderdale Beach restaurants. We found this place recommended on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try.

The location is in an industrial part of town and it seemed like we had missed it and it popped out of nowhere. The parking lot was packed at 11am on Saturday, but we were seated right away. The diner has lots of space for seating.

We ordered a little bit of everything - pancakes, waffles, eggs benedict, club sandwich, and a special. There was a party of 5 of us. All of our orders came out EXACTLY as ordered. In this busy area of Fort Lauderdale, good service can be hard to come by. We never had to find our waitress - she was busy, but attentive and very on top of our orders. I thought she was awesome.

The prices were pretty reasonable. I ordered eggs benedict and a soda and the total after tax (but before tip) was $11.64. The food was great and the service was even better. The cashier/owner was a little less than pleasant, but I'd overlook that for the good food and great service.

Be careful with the beverage prices - orange juice came in a pretty decent sized glass, but was $2.99. Soda came in an even large glass and I think was refillable - although I didn't get a refill.

I thought this was a good restaurant, and definitely met our expectations regarding price, quality, and service. Happy dining!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Lester's has been here forever and one look at those cakes and pies when you enter will tell you what is in store for you. We stop here either going to the airport or coming from it. It's one of those old-style diners where you really can't go wrong with no matter what your order. They are open 24 hours, so if you are near the airport, pop into Lester's for a good meal.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

The breakfast food is good although I cant see anyone messing up breakfast food. The rest of the meals in my opinion are average. The hot open face turkey sandwich was dry but the mashed potatoes and veggies were good. All the food seemed fresh. My friend had the broiled fish that he said was not bad. If I'm near Lester's and hungry I'll go in...I just wont make it a destination trip.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

stopped in to have breakfast before our flight. Open 24 hours which was great we got there at 5am. Hot coffee great staff and have to say the hashbrowns a good!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We have gone to Lester's for 3 years now when we visit Ft. Lauderdale. This past visit to the area, we were there four days and went to Lester's every day for a meal.
The food there is the best. It is fresh, hot, and reasonably priced which always helps. The bakery items are made fresh daily and you can tell.
The servers always seem happy. The service there is second to none.
I would reccomend it hands down to anyone.