Timpano Chophouse and Martini Bar - Ft. Lauderdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Timpano Chophouse and Martini Bar - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Cross street: 3rd Avenue & Las Olas
Transit: 450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Description: Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were seated in a room off the main diningroom on a busy Friday night. At first I thought this wouldn't be nice but it filled up quickly and we were able to enjoy our meal and conversation as it wasn't too noisy. The server was very pure and prompt and the food was delicious. As others have said the Creme Brûlée was to die for ! It was quite expensive but for a doe isl evening out it was well worth it, we would definitely return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Girls night out is always at Timpano's. The mussels, their signature starter is the best anywhere I've ever had. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, and never rushes us. Many restaurants are more concerned about turning a table than allowing people to sit and enjoy each other's company. The food is always great. Many times, I've asked for things off the menu, or a variation of a dish, and there has never been a problem.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

A great unexpected find while on a layover back home to Chicago. We were welcomed by the manager-and seated in a comfy oversized booth. While browsing fantastic wine selections & enjoying live jazz from lounge area; We felt like we took an extra holiday. Servers are knowledgeable and attentive. For starters try the Tuscan egg or signature roasted mussels. Veal and mushroom rigatoni was outstanding along with a perfected NY Strip. Dont skip the creme brulee or the tarts and cakes. Top notch management and service. Unbeatable menu. Thank you for making our night!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I go back at least once a year for our anniversary for their "can't be beat" mussels. At first we didn't think about the table where the hostess sat us but when we realized that for some ungodly reason she had sat us at a back table right where all of the servers were bumping into us, etc. (the restaurant was not sold out) we asked for another table. Manager William not only moved us immediately to a lovely table but totally by surprise comped the delicious mussels for our trouble (no trouble but much appreciated). The sign of a good restaurant is how they handle customer problems - kudos to the kind and competent management here.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Non-guest oriented... and DANGEROUS for your health. I'm from Moscow, Russia and it was my first time in Ft.Lauderdale. My girl & I decided to taste some fish after a long trip. First of all, bald waiter, 40-something, told us that it's not possible to boil a salmon for us. "No exceptions, we don't boil fish, the fillet will fall in to pieces" What????????!!!!! Italian restaurant can't cook me a boiled salmon?......Guys, you can't call yourself Italian restaurant.... In Russia you'll be a bankrupt within a month due to the regulations like this (do not boil). Finally they brought me roasted fillet with a crust which I was trying to avoid......

Second of all..My girl got a PIECE OF GLASS in her salad!!! She was lucky to find it in her mouth before swallowing....We were shocked......I called the waiter and asked what's going on. This guy already kept a small flashlight in his pocket...He lamped a piece of glass on the saucer, said "No problem" and went away......10 minutes later a manager came to us and told: "We are sorry, I hope that the lady didn't cut herself". That's it....They excluded the salad from reciept...Only

Abnormal situation...