“Great choice on Las Olas!”

Timpano Chophouse and Martini Bar - Ft. Lauderdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Timpano Chophouse and Martini Bar - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Cross street: 3rd Avenue & Las Olas
Transit: 450 East Las Olas Blvd.
Description: Timpano Italian Chophouse is reminiscent of the late 50’s early 60’s in Chicago & New York.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great choice on Las Olas!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We ate here during the holiday week in between Christmas and New Years. The place was PACKED. Great live entertainment and the skillet roasted mussels were so good, I would return over and over again just for those. If you are going during a holiday weekend I would highly suggest reservations.

PROS:
The skillet roasted mussels- (appetizer); enough to feed at least 3 of us. The mussels were placed on a skillet with sea salt thrown on top and then covered in oil and set on fire until the mussels open (done in the kitchen before they come out). They were SO good, everyone at the table who tried them LOVED them. Me too.

Steaks were perfectly cooked and everyone was happy with the taste

I had the chicken picatta but I've had better. The lemon flavor was lacking but it was good. The capers were huge and fresh.

CONS:
Nothing comes with the steak but the steak. No sides or garnish.

The side dishes were small (enough to feed one or two people at most).

Spinach with red pepper flakes - The spinach was pretty bland but hot from the peppers.

• Visited December 2012

Delray Beach, Florida
“Always a Good Place”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times. In fact, I even had my wedding here five years ago.

Just had lunch there (party of 9).

It was a family reunion type situation, and the experience was pleasant for everyone.

My only complaint is that they wouldn't let us sit in the small separate room they had, even though the room was empty.

1 Thank lawtalk
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food:( but great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to this restaurant for a company dinner and selected one of the menus offered for large groups.The food was very average and we paid $80 per person (only for food). The restaurant has great atmosphere, great music, excellent service but the food wasn't good, not for the price. We were really expecting more based on the reviews given to this restaurant.

1 Thank Mary U
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“One of our favourites!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant! The food is Italian and very reasonable in price. We love the live music!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Wendy W
Fort Lauderdale, Florida Usa
“Old Chicago”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Food and service is very good. The atmosphere is the draw for me. It has horseshoe banquets reminding me of a Chicaog night club or even an old men's club.

1 Thank Poogan