“Terrible! Not worth the money!”
Review of Cafe Martorano

Cafe Martorano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Martorano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #391 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oakland Park Blvd and A1A
Paramus, New Jersey
“Terrible! Not worth the money!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ordered the $13.00 single meat ball with a $3.00 side of cheese. It was good. That was it. The risotto was the worst I ever had. My chicken marsala was so salty I could not finish it and I like salt. My husband's Sunday gravy did not come with meatballs. It only came with sausage and chuncks of fatty pork. The wait staff was very attentive, however the kitchen needs to step it up! My chicken came out 10 minutes before my husbands pasta and my risotto showed up when I was half way through my bad chicken dinner! I am also italian and maybe "yocuz" should concentrate on the quality conrtol of simple italian food his kitchen pace and lower his prices. For a single meatball, chicken marsala, risotto, a soda and a plate of pasta was $111.00 with the tip. We had no alcohol.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth1217

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My Big Fat Italian Dinner”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place is a blast! I felt like I was at a family party. The owner Steven is making the dinners, dj'ing, controlling the mafia films on the many tv screens and paying close attention to what is going on in his restaurant. We sat right by the open kitchen and had some appetizers sent out complimentary...all delicious. We were a party of 6 people, each ordering different apps and entrees. There was nothing but moans and groans of pleasure coming from our table. The entrees are large and we had enough left over to take home for lunch the next day. We got every dessert, even though we were super stuffed. The dessert tray went back empty!! Delicious, just like mamma would make. This place is not inexpensive, so be prepared to spend some $$$$. Worth every penny for food and entertainment.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank kimberly s
Hollywood, Florida
“Do not eat here! We were completely ripped off”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Two weeks ago my husband and I went to Cafe Martorano with two other couples. The food was good but the issue was with the bill. We told the waiter we wanted to share everything and ordered five appetizers and three entrees. The waiter doubled, tripled and even gave us five orders without telling us. The orders came all on one dish and we didn't notice and just thought they were big portions. We ended up paying $110 for shrimp scampi! The waiter added on thirteen extra dishes total. We already had the food boxed up when got our checks and did complain. The general manager did apologize, stated that was wrong and said he would speak to the owner, Steve Martorano. My husband called back twice and finally got a response from him on twitter. My husband told him he been going for ten years and this was his first bad experience. Steve Martoranos reply was "once in ten years ain't bad". He never offered to take the extra orders off of our bill or in any way make it right. We are never going back. There are too many other great Italian restaurants around to have to put up with that kind of treatment.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Rmbreiss
Miami, Florida, United States
“Corporate Networking functions”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been here many times for monthly Corporate Networking functions that everyone can come too. During these events Cafe Martorano management has provided a nice selection of drink and food "specials" that are good and very reasonably priced. They are also kind enough to section off the entire lower area for this function and provide excellent service.

Either way, it is a place you might want to check it out for Happy Hour, dinner or a late snack if you are at the Hard Rock ~ Hollywood

• Visited April 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“Great food but too loud”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

If you want to go get really good Italian food, this is the place. It is pricey! The thing that ruined it for us was the noise. It was loud and we could not talk across the table. We went to celebrate my husbands birthday was were disappointed. Most likely not to return

• Visited March 2014