“Won't go Back”
Review of Cafe Martorano

Cafe Martorano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Martorano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #395 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oakland Park Blvd and A1A
Fort Lauderdale
“Won't go Back”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am over this place. It's over priced I went back after a year. They wouldn't cook pasta extra for us. I got 2 drinks dinner for 2 and spend. $125. Service was mediocre.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WilliamH2415

Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding meal and service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

On our girls weekend away we decided to visit Cafe Martorano. From the time we were seated until the time we left the restaurant we were laughing. The service was wonderful and Gianna(G), was attentive to our needs offering great recommendations off the menu. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere the same.
I will definitely return to this establishment the next time we are in Ft. Lauderdale

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have to say that we dine out a lot, and we were looking forward to dinner at Martorano, we went to the one at Hard Rock, and what can I say from the service to the food to the price I have nothing nice to say. Just terrible. :( will not return

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Bmaryanovsky
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Service, Good Food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had not been back to Cafe Martorano in about 10 years. No reason, cant explain it... just had not been there. I realize now that the absence was most likely a mistake. We find ourselves heading south quite often given the constant new restaurant openings in areas like South Beach and the Design District. But nights like this make me realize that we also have good right in our backyard in Fort Lauderdale.
For starters we had the Philly cheesesteak appetizer which had me licking my fingers. We moved into the meatballs which were not my favorite. Could be just personal preference or too used to my own mother's recipe but I probably wouldn't order these again. We moved into the shrimp francaise with two different pasta dishes- the spaghetti with tomato and garlic and the penne vodka. Both were as fresh and homemade tasting as I have ever had when not in Italy. I mean- you really tasted the pasta here.
For dessert I had a cannoli which took me to Brooklyn and back again- really outstanding.
The server we had was also phenomenal- truly enjoying his work and had a sommelier like grasp of wine which made the whole night even better.
One word of warning- the restaurant at around 9:30pm turns the lights down and the music way up. You can barely hear the person next to you scream. It just about ends conversation right then and there. They wont turn it down as its part of their experience. So if that bothers you even remotely dont go late and get out early. Otherwise this is a great dining experience. Enjoy.

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“NO LONGER OUR "MUST HAVE"”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been die hard-steadfast Steve Martarano fans since he opened on Oakland Park. Over the years, we have taken clients, friends, and family more than 20 times. The food quality was always superb. But something is being lost ever since Las Vegas opened a few years ago. The portions, previously humongous, have gone down to normal size. That's ok. But the prices stayed where they were. Worse, the quality--previously always superb, has gotten a little more sporadic. I use to tell people that once I take them to Martarano's, I will ruin forever their idea of what good meatballs and calamari should taste like. I do not make that boast/promise anymore, especially about the calamari. Yes, it is a very good meal, served with attitude in a place with attitude (that's what makes it Martarano's)....but something makes me sad about how this was my favorite restaurant on the Eastern seaboard...no longer. I'm still looking for Martarano's replacement in my culinary heart.

Visited August 2013