“Tapas with a Twist”

S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Viramar St.
Description: S3, where sun, surf and sand uniquely fuse with steak, seafood and sushi for a perfect combination of island atmosphere and globally-influenced, sea-inspired fare. A wood burning grill lights up the place and sets fire to the menu offering Grilled Octopus, Skirt Steak, Jerk Chicken Skewers, Shrimp Toast and more. Let your eyes do the ordering, via an expansive raw bar featuring fresh-caught delights like Tiradito Wahoo and Yellowtail, Snapper or snack plates like a Trio of Dips (whipped feta, chickpea, and roasted eggplants) or Goat Cheese Cakes. A moderately priced menu serves up a variety of small plates. DJ - 8pm-12am Friday and Saturday Acoustic Duo Sunday 3pm-6pm
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Tapas with a Twist”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a fun twist on tapas. There is a mixture of Asian, Cuban, and sushi items on the menu. We tried several small plates, and two large plates. The pork loin was excellent. Service was very good. We would probably return.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 great nights at S3”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was staying at the Hilton and was excited to try S3. I had a great time. This restaurant has a great outdoor seating area but if you want a table outside you should make a reservation and may want to consider an early one. The fire pit area is 1st come 1st serve but keep your eyes open for some additional seating that is put out.

The first night I ordered the crab cakes to start and the special which was grouper. Both dishes were very tasty so much so I ate really slowly to savour them. I had cosmos with my dinner and I have to say, all the drinks I had at S3 were excellent. A bit pricey but very potent - worth it. I had an early reservation so I was able to eat outside and I quickly snagged a seat at the fire pit. Very enjoyable night right at the street / beach but you didn't even notice traffic or street noise, just the cool breeze and the tunes. Good atmosphere and I chatted with a few people I met there that night.

It was so good, I got another reservation for the following night. Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky with the seating and was placed at the bar. Not as great for eating dinner I'll remember that next time I visit - worth the wait for a table out front…. The grouper was so good the first night I ordered it again the 2nd and tried the gnocchi app. Both were very good but I guess the grouper just seemed better the first night. But once again a very good meal.

The girls that serve in the fire pit area are very friendly and attentive. On the 2nd night I couldn't get a seat and was standing near the bar, the waitress noticed that I was there and let me know there was a seat in the fire pit area open - very nice.

Will visit there again next time I'm in Ft. Lauderdale.

Miami, Florida
“Happy Birthday to Me!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am a lucky guy, I was invited here as a birthday dinner present from sweet Karin, and the entire experience ROCKED, here's why:
* The company!
* Jamie, our waiter, was fantastic without hovering, he represents the brand well and has great energy
* Tapas / sharing sized portions mainly
* Beachfront view
* Cool layout and decor
* Fairly priced

We drank a delish bottle of Tyku Black (cold) Sake. Mmmmmmmmm, Yummo!
We also tried their Sake Sunset Cocktails, made with sake and Grey Goose ($12 bucks each). Awesome.

We ate:
* Kamikaze Roll (HIT!)
* Brussel Sprouts (HIT!)
* Short Ribs with mac-n-cheese (HIT!)
* Paella
* Scallops
* Panna Cotta for dessert

Wow. Score. Coming back. Sooner. Before you.

Cabeza BLESSED!

California
“Rotten mussels”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My dinner partner ordered the paella, at least one of the mussels was rancid and stank terribly. Thankfully he smelled the nauseating stench before he started eating. When we told the waiter, even he remarked at how bad it smelled. We then reluctantly ordered other things (no seafood). The food was unremarkable and over-seasoned, especially the brussel sprout dish and the mushroom dish. The kicker is that the waiter did not even offer us anything as an apology, no free dessert, nothing but a quick "sorry" as he scurried back to the kitchen with the very smelly uneaten dish. I will never go back to this place.

Visited January 2014
Albany, New York
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I ate here for the first time with two friends who had been before while I was on vacation in Ft Lauderdale.. Had walked by it several times on my beach walks wondering how it was. Both the service and the food were great. I had an excellent salad and the fires and accompanying dipping sauce were really tasty,.. The atmosphere as well as the openness to the beach add to the ambiance, I will go again.

1 Thank Richard1234_12