“Unexpected Excellent Dinner Experience”

S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
S3 Sun Surf Sand Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Sushi
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: A1A and Viramar St.
Description: S3, where sun, surf and sand uniquely fuse with steak, seafood and sushi for a perfect combination of island atmosphere and globally-influenced, sea-inspired fare. A wood burning grill lights up the place and sets fire to the menu offering Grilled Octopus, Skirt Steak, Jerk Chicken Skewers, Shrimp Toast and more. Let your eyes do the ordering, via an expansive raw bar featuring fresh-caught delights like Tiradito Wahoo and Yellowtail, Snapper or snack plates like a Trio of Dips (whipped feta, chickpea, and roasted eggplants) or Goat Cheese Cakes. A moderately priced menu serves up a variety of small plates. DJ - 8pm-12am Friday and Saturday Acoustic Duo Sunday 3pm-6pm
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Five of us were booked in to the adjacent Hilton for one night, and showed up at about 8:30pm, hot, dusty and tired from a very long twelve hour real estate tour in the car. After checking in, we all wandered in to S3, intending to have a drink at the bar and then dinner at a table. We never left the bar; after a couple of cocktails, we stayed right there, watched the game on the TV, chatted up the bartender, and enjoyed a nice array of small plates (one of us just kind of took over and ordered for the entire group). Everything was excellent...everything. I thought the brisket sliders were probably the best choice. If you are staying at the Hilton, while there's a bunch of dining choices nearby, you don't need to venture further than S3.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I came in last weekend during the evening. Very, lively and busy. I went to the hostesses in the front, all wearing white dresses. They were friendly. There was a bubbly blonde with short hair and a very pretty brunette with quite long hair. They asked if I had a reservation; I didn't. The two told me therr was an hour wait and suggested room at the sushi bar.

I took their advice. The brunette took me to it, menu in hand. Also, they had boards with all the specials on it. My server, Amanda was knowledgeable and friendly. The food was a bit slow but worth it.

Here is the buts...
I went to the restroom and walked by a section with a lot of people. I looked and that area provides no view of the beach unlike them claiming all seats do.

On my way out I saw what I assumed to be a manager...only because she standing where the food comes, dressed up, and here is where I felt uncomfortable...she was scolding a server. The issue was that it was loud enough for me to hear ontop of all the noise from other patrons.

Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Today I visited with my 2 year old and spouse. We sat on the patio and the service was very nice. We were offered a game for our daughter which kept her occupied. The sangria sampler was fun. We had the cheese platter, grilled octopus, fondue, and seafood salad. The seafood salad was just okay but everything else was great!! The music and atmosphere went well with the beach. Will definitely be back and recommend.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fort Lauderdale has needed a fun upscale place on the beach, and this place is IT !! Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Service, Great Location. This place makes Steak 954 (next door) look lame.

The menu is creative, and the View is amazing. The place is brand new, so everything is sparkling and spotless.

Locals now have a reason to go to the beach.

lots to chose from on the menu including sushi and excellent martinis

Enjoy

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great location in the Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. A new restaurant. S3 serves tappas/and also has approximately 4-5 large plates if one is not into small plates...
We had fantastic service...We ordered the "shrimp toast" which was delicious. Just the right amount for two to share. We had a seafood salad, which had squid, calamari, shrimp, and mussels. Excellent dish! We ordered steamed mussels that were fabulous and the chicken wings which were sooooo messy but sooo delicious!
The wine list was extensive as well...A very nice atmosphere, an open air restaurant. Seating inside as well as outside!

1  Thank diane32724