“Hard to find, but worth the trip”
Review of Hot & Soul

Hot & Soul
Ranked #162 of 1,351 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: International Food With Soul - specializing in cajun/creole, spanish, filipino, and other ethnic cuisines. We serve craft beer and small batch wines as well. We have the bar area for a more casual experience, and we have the dining area with small tables or the communal table.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hot & Soul is a funky little restaurant where you get the feeling they cook whatever they feel like making and eating. The menu is eclectic and not for the unadventurous. It is perfect when you are looking for something different to eat in the plaza-land "american contemporary" restaurant filled Fort Lauderdale. Don't eat another pork chop! Go to Hot & Soul and find something different.
Our service was knowledgeable and enthusiastic, clearly enjoying the food she worked with.
My only criticism is that there is no liquor license, so other than (AMAZING yummy!) beer there are only sweet wine based cocktails. And, oddly enough, the walls are lined with large screened TVs. Ignore them and focus on your crazy Indian/Creole/Philippine food!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great welcome 'though arriving w/ no reservation & w/ kids on a Valentines' evening! Very nice "food travel", it seems they've picked the best from everywhere! Highly recommendable!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The food at Hot and Soul is so yummy, satisfying, and creative. I am a local and I eat here all the time. Their specials are always delicious too.
I'm actually hesitant to write this review because selfishly I want a table to always be available for me! But the owners, and co-chefs, Mike and Christy, are so friendly and passionate about their clients and food that I want to spread the word.
The gnocci is insane. The fish special is always local, fresh, and well-prepared. The mushroom manchego toast is incredible and I get it as an appetizer every time. The soba noodle salad is yummy. The steak is very good and so is the mole pork shoulder dish. Seriously, I have yet to be disappointed and I will continue to visit this spot regularly. Delicious, creative dishes for reasonable prices.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Found this on trip advisor so we decided to try it out.... oh my word.... amazing. As soon as you walk in, you forget that you're in South Florida. The ambiance is remnicent of restaurants in the Thailand islands or Bali. The menu is funky and reflective of different cuisines. Everything was so good!!! Must try this place!

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The eclectic menu is a series of delights. We had a venison ragout with parparelli that was scrumptious. The desserts were home made and interesting. The staff are accommodating and they feature a fine selection of artesian beers and small vineyard wines.

1  Thank GL1220