“Delicious pasta and great atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BA Argentinean Bistro - CLOSED

BA Argentinean Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bayview Dr
Description: Experience the tradition of Argentina at our new Fort Lauderdale restaurant, BA Argentinean Bistro. In a charming setting, we offer something to please every palate. Here you will find empanadas stuffed with savory fillings such as beef, chicken or spinach. Grilled skirt steaks and short ribs, milanesa, homemade pastas, fresh fish and salads bring the taste of Argentina to your plate. A wide variety of fine wines are available.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Delicious pasta and great atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went Friday night, we ordered empanadas de espinaca (spinach empanadas), mollejas (sweetbread), mejillones a la provenzal, then gnocchi and couple of more stuff. Everything was beyond our expectations and server was friendly and attentive. We definitely come back!

• Visited August 2013

Marco Island, Florida
“Not quite up to our expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Service at the start was very good despite some miscommunication due to language. However as the restaurant filled up, our service became almost non-existent. Mussels as appetizer were excellent as well as the salmon entree. Cannot however give high marks to the short ribs. They were undercooked, fatty and tough to cut. I'm glad I had the opportunity to try out one of the area's top rated restaurants, but aside from the gracious hospitality of the owner, would not find it worthy of a return.

Visited July 2013
“Very filling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to lunch there after reading these glowing reviews. Unfortunately when I went at noon I was the only customer. So much for ambience. The restaurant has a nice decor and the waiter was very easy going. I loved the taste of the bruschetta that came with the bread. The empanadas were as good as reviewers have been saying both the beef and chicken. I had the cannelloni after and they were light and tasty. I wish more people were there so I can get a better impression of the service. The area on commercial boulevard is not that nice with inexpensive metered parking.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“A diamond in the rough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was visiting Ft. Lauderdale recently for work from Atlanta and was looking for a new location to have dinner. I came across BA Bistro on tripadvisor, and figured it was worth a shot based on all of the positive reviews. Well, the experience even surpassed these great reviews! First of all, I come to Ft. lauderdale almost monthly and there is a lack of truly innovative, high quality restaurants that are priced reasonably. This restaurant is an exception to that rule. The enviornment is high end but relaxed and subdued at the same time. I got the Provoletta as an appetizer which was delicious and had a fantastic steak as my entree. The service was fantastic. My waiter Julio was attentive but not obtrusive. He suggested a great wine to go with my meal. While the desserts he suggested sounded amazing I was just too stuffed from the meal as portion sizes are quite generous. Next time I will be sure to save room for dessert as I will definitely be back. While there are so many restauratns to choose from in Ft. Lauderdale the options that combine innovation, great service, high quality at reasonable prices are limited. Give BA Bistro a try, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Great service, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife flew in to join me in Fort L. after some business meetings, so I searched on Tripadvisor for a nice place to take her for dinner after her long flight. Based on #6 ranking and "rave reviews" and the Argentinian/South American theme, I made reservations for 8pm. Based on our experience, I do not believe many of the 15 reviews that made TA put this restaurant in the #6 spot for Ft. L. are genuine objective reviews. This relatively new restaurant is nowhere near that level:
Decor/Ambiance: several of the reviews mention the great decor - which consists of framed black & white photos and wall light sconces, and nice white tablecloth tables. Fine but nothing worth actually writing about...
Food: First disappointment came with the menu - I was expecting a variety of Argentinian and S. American specialities. Instead, the majority of the menu is variety of steaks served with french fries (and that's it), and Italian type pasta dishes, plus a chicken dish and paella. I am not sure if the Argentinian tradition is a plain old steak and a bunch of french fries, but my (starving) wife had one nevertheless. I went for the paella. Before that, we had the empanadas that the other reviews rave about - good but greasy. The steak was delicious as straight-prepared steak. The paella was absolutely tasteless - not even a touch of saffron or any other seasonings as far as I could tell - basically various seafood pieces mixed with bland rice. The fish pieces were way overcooked, on the other hand they included several baby octopus which (due to cost) one often doesn't find in a paella serving. Flaming desert pancake was good but nothing we'll remember for the rest of our lives. My verdict is that this restaurant uses high quality ingredients but fails to equal them in the (dull, indistinct) preparation.
Service: Excellent, very attentive while unobtrusive - the one thing I can agree on with other reviewers about.
Would we go again? Not likely - as good as the service was, the food has to be a much bigger draw and the "Argentinian" in the name does not live up to what one is likely to expect.

• Visited July 2013