“Best restaurant in Florida !”
Review of Kaluz

Kaluz
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaluz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,439 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2017

Location, food and ambiance si amaising !
Located on the intracoastal ...we always eat on a lovely modern patio.
The price of the food better than everywere for the excellent quality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Pretty place, nice service, nice view, love coming here. Right on the intracoastal, boats passing, nice breeze usually. Whether inside or out, the food is always good. We love the shrimp cargot appetizer. Never saw anything like it anywhere else. Salads are always good. Love the pork chops - tender, tasty even though I order without the glaze, without the chutney. My mom is in a wheelchair and they always accommodate us with a comfortable table - one where no one would keep bumping into her, yet with a good view of the water. We have never been rushed through a leisurely relaxing lunch or dinner, no matter how busy they are.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

We were lucky enough to be seated outdoors with a stunning view of the intracoastal and the drawbridge. It was so relaxing to watch the beautiful yachts go by and see the bridge go up and down. We also were treated to a lovely sunset as well. The view is really magnificent here and the entire restaurant has a lovely ambiance.

I ordered the Shrimp and Goat cheese flatbread and it was just amazing, perfectly prepared and a large portion.

For my entree I had the pomegranate scallops and they were scrumptious as well.

Our server was Crystal and she was really phenomenal. Friendly and professional and very attentive. She was familiar with the menu and was able to answer any questions about dishes we asked about.

I saw many valet attendants for parking but not sure if there is any self park, available parking spots seems a bit tight given the waterfront location. We arrived via Uber avoided any parking issues.

Prices lean toward the expensive side so I would suggest checking out the menu online ahead of time to be sure its within your budget or what you wanted to spend.

Definitely will be coming here again when I am back in town in January,

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We were on vacation in Fort Lauderdale for several nights and tried this place on the recommendation of the W Hotel and loved it so much we came back again for dinner two nights later. The dinner seating outside doesn't take reservations but the wait is usually only about 30-45 minutes. However you can put your name in and have a drink on sofas overlooking the intracoastal waterway while you wait. The setting is truly incredible and the wait is often 15 minutes less than their original estimate. When you get your table outside with the same view some yachts might pull up to the dock to also have dinner there. The second night we were there we had a full moon rise on the water while we were having dinner with the light reflecting off the water which made the atmosphere incredible.
First night I had the best Chilean sea bass and sauce that I have ever had anywhere. The second night we came back I had the sea scallops which were done perfectly. But make sure you have the key lime pie for dessert which is home made by the chef and the best we have ever tasted. It was a Graham cracker and pecan crust with home made whipped cream on top. Definitely worth saving room for this unique version of an old favorite. Liked it so much we had it both nights and it tasted just as good the second time.
The other thing that made this restaurant unique was if you like Cabernet Sauvignon and you don't mind splurging for a good glass of red wine. They actually have Caymus by the glass for $28 which is a fair deal. This is the only restaurant I have ever seen that has Caymus by the glass which is a very special wine.
Try this place for dinner in Fort Lauderdale because you won't be disappointed and it has a superb atmosphere with great food which is the perfect combination.

Reviewed November 13, 2017

This place was recommended by a local and it didn't disappoint. Nice outdoor seating area right on the Intercoastal. Service was great. Seafood (I had the scallops) were amazing. Would definitely go back!