“Great Water View Restaurant”
Review of Kaluz

Kaluz
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaluz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great Water View Restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I went with another couple and we really enjoyed it. Great location, ambiance, service and the food was delicious. For appetizer we had the Jumbo Lump Crab Dip, it was delicious and loved the few big pieces of crab. For main course we had the Scallops Pomegranate with quinoa medley, it was yummy! The rest ordered the Prime Rib, it was delicious. For drinks we ordered Coconut Mojitos, the drink is just a regular mojito with some coconut flakes on top, it was good. We went outside when we were done with our dinner to see if we could seat and enjoy the view of the intracoastal but it was packed, we did find a couple of chairs but had to leave right away because there were a few people smoking cigarretes and cigars. We will definetely go back, there are a couple of birthdays coming up, great place to celebrate with a great dinner.

• Visited March 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Beautiful Restaurant, solid food”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I come here at least 3-4x per month for lunch and/or dinner. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the outdoor seating and bar is fabulous (I'm just not sure how great it will be during the summer months because of our heat/humidity). Klaus has an interesting menu...their appetizers are great. I prefer the shrimp and Flatbreads. They have a bit of an odd salad selection, I wish they would add a steak salad or a great Cobb. It's wonderful watching the boats cruise by, they have floor to ceiling glass along the entire back wall. Great first-date place, business lunch venue. Gets very crowded during season. Make a reservation.

Visited March 2014
old forge
“intercoastal hotspot”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

late night stop on a beautiful night on the intercoastal. interesting cocktails and outdoor seating. we had the coconut mojitos and snacked on the chicken and goat cheese sausage flatbreads. very nice setting in fort lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We were 6 locals having a girl's night--had heard the food and service were mediocre, but wanted to be on the water on a nice night and give it a chance. The hostess gave our table away and was absolutely rude about it and unapologetic. We proceeded to wait two hours. I finally called over a manager ( which I have NEVER done in my life) and he was condescending and unapologetic as well. He did take our drink order as if he was going to pay for our first round.....but didn't. Sorry to say that when summer comes, and tourist season is over, you won't find these locals or their friends/families here. If you want mediocre, expensive food and terrible service, this is your place. ( I have also NEVER written a bad review either--I believe in promoting local businesses that deserve it--that's how poorly we were treated).

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Kristin A
lauderhill
“Don't Miss Kaluz”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

An absolutely beautiful place, casual yet somehow elegant. I've been there for lunch and dinner and I haven't been disappointed. It doesn't matter - sit inside, sit outside,go for a drink, go to eat, it always seems perfect. Food is always great and service is attentive. Last time there I had the pork chops - yum, they were delicious. The salads are really good as is the mahi sandwich (which isn't on the menu, you have to know to ask for it). And the prices are in line with every other place on the water. Sitting and watching the boats go by with a drink in my hand is as close to a vacation as I can get and still be at home!

• Visited March 2014