“Good Food at a Good Price”
Review of Joes Crab Shack

Joes Crab Shack
Ranked #306 of 1,351 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were a party of 5 adults and 2 children. We ate outside on a picnic table that was clean. Everyone enjoyed what was ordered. The service was very good, even though we had a complicated order of food and drinks. With wine and several beers, the bill came to $195. I enjoyed my skillet paella although a few mussels did not open. Overall, the experience was what I expected. A solid meal with no pretensions.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The latest repackaging of a restaurant facility that last failed when locals were indifferent to a national chain that thought what Floridians really want is to sit outside by a fire pit in 90 degree weather and eat heavy meals.

Perhaps closer this time, but the least impressive food I've been served in a chain for years. Did not have the specialty crab, but a simple salmon in tropical salsa. The fish was dry and over cooked. The mango salsa was sickly sweet and the flavor did not go well with salmon, anyway.

The decor is formulaic "imagine you were in an authentic crab shack, but it was way to clean."

Not impressed.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

what a disappointment!!!
pricey
noisy
dried out lobsters
all waiters and waitresses should be retrained
we went twice and every time they forgot half of the order whit no excuse.
cold fries.
the shack concept tries to act "cool" with waiters trying to perform
a dancing act every twenty minutes. After a while it was corny.
Now when you want the check it took always forever to catch to waitressess attention...they
just did not seem to care
The best think about the place is the location...you now what there are other restaurants whit great loctions but with better food, better priced, and with better service.
so for us its no third chance because we don't want to feel like suckers

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We finally went to the new location in Fort Lauderdale ms it was good. Drinks were good and appetizers were good as well as the food. The price was a bit outrageous for two people but we may go back if there is a group on deal or something like that. Service was quite poor but it seemed that our waitress was still learning how to manage.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was really looking forward to the grand opening as I'd never eated at a Joes Crab Shack before; maybe I psyched myself up too much, but ultimately I was disappointed. The shrimp and calimari was too heavily breaded for my taste and a little rubbery, and the lobster was overcooked too. The crab legs were good. I was turned off by the dancing/clapping wait staff and the overly exuberant themed decor. It was a step up from other large seafood chain restaurants, but not much. On the plus side the price was very reasonable, but I would gladly pay more for better seafood. I'd go back if someone wanted to go there, but probably not on my own.