“I liked it better when it was PL8”
Review of Dubliner - CLOSED

Dubliner
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here last year when it was a different restaurant. It was pretty good this time. The food is a little pricey, but it is a huge portion. The service was good, but the atmosphere felt kind of like a sports bar to me. They mainly pushed beer and whiskey and Zi was hoping for a cocktail.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went with a groupon. We ate outside, with our two large dogs (a big plus). the place looked pretty busy around 9 pm, with us getting the last remaining outside table. We started with the Mulligatawny soup. It had the curry flavor, but very beefy and oily. Tasted like beef stock with more beef boiled into it. It was heavy, but not bad. We ordered the salmon with vegetables, and the lamb burger. Burger, salmon, and vegetables were done great, and the lamb burger really came out great with the gorgonzola cheese. I could have done without the bacon because the burger meat was so good, but hey, everyone loves bacon these days. Guinness was priced fairly at $6 for a real European pint, not this 12 oz. crap you see everywhere. The other beers were priced even better. Good place overall with really nice service. (They brought out a water bowl for the dogs too)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've been a few times now to the Dubliner, and would recommend going again. We've had the same server a few times. She has always been great with service & a treat with her friendliness. The food is good, for bar food. Drinks are a bit pricy. However, it's a popular joint & it's a great place to socialize.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stopped here for lunch based on the tripadvisor reviews of this restaurant and glad that I did. I walked here from the Riverside Hotel in Las Olas where I was staying. It was about a twenty-minute walk. I started off with a side of Mac n cheese. It came in a small black cast iron skillet. It was quite unusual as it contained Guinness and it tasted like Guinness. It was very good. I then had their fish sandwich that was very good. It came with thick fries, which were also very good. The fries were not greasy. The fish was crispy on the outside but moist on the inside and not greasy. Fantastic service as all of their employees was very friendly and professional.

They have a happy hour from 4-7 Monday through Friday which is half off all draft beers. They have a huge selection of draft beers.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were here on a Saturday night and the place was quite empty. The atmosphere is great and the service was wonderful. As for the food, I think the chef went crazy with the salt shaker. Everything from the tasteless veggies to the mashed potatoes were very salty. We also ordered the Shepherd's pie, which is topped with tons of cheese, Lamb burger topped with blue cheese and bacon, the NY strip and salmon. They were good, but not worth coming back for. It's too bad, because this place seems like it has lots of potential.

1  Thank Cynderella43