“Nice experience...sea for yourself.”
Review of Wild Sea

Wild Sea
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At WILD SEA, we believe in "Eating Well" to strongly support Farm to table & Ocean to table dining. We stand by our promise to serve all natural, organic and sustainable foods when possible. In efforts to maintain these commitments - both locally and globally - our menu selections will change often. We encourage you to enjoy our seasonal delights.​Wild Sea Oyster Bar & Grille offers a raw bar, presenting a fresh selection of east and west coast oysters, and a full bar serving hand-crafted cocktails and tasty snacks like white-cheddar jalapeño popcorn.​Wild Sea's extensive wine list is inclusive of more than 200 offerings.The restaurant offers guests the unexpected by doubling in the evenings as a luxurious lounge, complete with top-notch libations, late-night bites and music.Wild Sea also offers private dining space to suit any size or style.
New York City, New York
“Nice experience...sea for yourself.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I were in Ft. Lauderdale staying at the Riverside Hotel. This is our first time in the area. Wild sea is essentially attached to the hotel at street level on Las Olas Blvd. which is busy and has a good vibe to it. We love oysters so decided to give this a shot. Went on a Friday at 9:30pm, got a table right away with no reservation. As a new restaurant you can tell they are working out some kinks in the service but nothing that detracted from our experience. Ordered a dozen East Coast Oysters and half dozen clams on the half. All were super fresh. You have to request traditional cocktail sauce. I did and no problem. For the main course, we split the Rib Eye which was big enough to split easily. The steak was done to our liking and tasted great. The sides of Bok Choy and Cauliflower were solid. The Key Lime for dessert was a bit sugary and heavy so maybe try something else.

In terms of atmosphere and decor they are going for a hip modern feel. It's on the mark but not the best I have seen...good enough though. There is a DJ for the bar area at 10pm. The crowd ranged from couples likes us to a few families and seniors but mostly a younger set. Overall it was a very nice experience.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chillsekr

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Horrendous service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This new restaurant is located in a great location on Las Olas at the Riverside Hotel. The decor is trendy and modern and there is even a DJ after 10. We had an 8pm reservation, got sat immediately, but didn't receive our cocktail order until almost 9pm. People around us got up and left. The oysters took almost as long to arrive. While the east coast and west coast were excellent quality, there were pieces of shell in half of them. When they removed the plate of oysters, a bunch of oyster juice poured on my wife's leather shoes. there was not even an apology. There are still lots of kinks to work out.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“No disappointment at Wild Sea”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I walk Las Olas blvd everyday. Perk of living so close. I've never written a review while actually dining at the restaurant when reviewing, so here's a first. It was a few months in construction to replace the old Grill Room at Riverside Hotel which I only dinned at once about 15 years ago. So it's nice to see something take it's place. I love oysters and was thrilled to see the "coming soon" signs saying OYSTER but the "hand-crafted drinks" sign on awning is a little silly. Aren't they all hand crafted by the bartenders "hand"?
Big City Tavern across the street has a sister restaurant in Delray that does oyster but for the longest time... No real seafood/oyster bar on Las Olas till now. Thanks Wild Sea I'm loving it. I ordered 3 of the 6 fresh-off-the-truck offerings du jour. Mmmmm. The Shigoku's by far my fav. Deep well, nice on the brine. Presentation was a 10! They offered no cocktail sauce (I'm sure they might accommodate) instead an Indian raita-style sauce, then a mango mignonette and in another separate cup fresh grated horseradish. Second course I chose the "Poke of the moment". It said "table-side" but I really didn't want the attention anyway. It arrived no differently than the rest. I had to ask for a spoon because I wanted to eat every last drop of the Wahoo poke. The trout roe decoration dropped to the bottom after I tossed the pretty pile & I wanted every last one! I love Ikura- this was a first for trout roe and it's better!
I was really finished but the uber attentive waiter kind of heard me suggest I might order a salad and put it in anyway. No problem. I didn't correct him.
The piped in music was funky and fun.
The wild mushroom salad was very good, tart & tangy, perfect for a starter but not in the order I chose, but that's my fault.
I'd give it a 9 for uniqueness. The greens way overpowered the 'shrooms. The deck is small but a must if weather permits. You might get a little drift from the smoke shop next door but it won't last long. People watching is great. Cheese for dessert even though the waiter tried to me into something Choc. I'll be back to try the pecan dessert next time but for now how bad can the cheese be? We'll see. Try this place but suggestion to management... A passerby asked "is this new? No one there to answer him. Put a hostess outside instead of a sign. Grab the clients. The hostess desk is so buried deep into the hotel. If there's no room outside then have a greeter usher people where u want them to go. The little sign telling people to go into hotel was useless. I watched you lose customer because they couldn't figure out how to get in after seeing your cool new deck and beckoning restaurant.

2 Thank bahamasreviewer
Heiko D, General Manager at Wild Sea, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent visit to our Wild Sea ~ Oyster Bar & Grille. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your detailed highlights on your experience. I agree with your suggestion to have a portable host stand at the street and allow access for Las Olas.Boulevard.

I hope to see you in the near future to returning to our lovely restaurant.

Heiko