“Great food - Slow service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #139 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food - Slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Excellent menu and nicely prepared and presented. Service painfully slow - so slow in fact that although we didn't complain, the manager apologized and our meal was complimentary!

Minnesota
“Overpriced microwave food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place was a total disappointment. I am speaking for the five of us that ate there. Three of us ordered alfredo and couldn't taste the sauce. Mine I asked for alfredo on the fried ravioli dish. I received it and it was very runny. I didn't ask for the manager, but he did come to the table. He said it wasn't a good choice to substitute the red sauce for alfredo in this dish. Well I wish the waiter warned me, I also had to pay an upcharge which wasn't deducted for the alfredo fail. This to me was a nickel and dime scam which made me lose respect for this restaurant. I will never eat at Carrabba's again. I will stick to local Italian or Olive Garden. I also had to listen to a different waiter hit on one of the customers for five minutes and ask for her telephone number. She also told him she was here for vacation prior to that. Meaning someone wanted a one nighter, unless it was a movie type love connection!!! Not!! "Dude she was being nice, she doesn't want to date you."

Boca Raton, Florida
“EXCELLENT BUT OVERPRICED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had the chicken bryan with a side of string beans, which the meal came with. I ordered the larger portion. The meal came with bread and soup, minestrone in this case. The chicken was absolutely delicious. The string beans were pretty good, though not memorable. The soup was good, as was the bread. The waitress was friendly and efficient, very professional. The ambiance was pleasant. Now for the downside. The portions were ridiculously small. I couldn't imagine how small a regular sized portion would have been. And the prices were unreasonably high. There are too many good restaurants in the area for me to settle for small portions at high prices. This dining experience I had at Carrabba's will be a once in a lifetime experience for me.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bunmaster2014
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“The best Carrabbas I have been to.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The Carrabbas in Jacksonville Beach is very average. The branch in Port Charlotte is nothing to write home about. So why is the Carrabbas in Fort Lauderdale so much better? The food was frankly very good. The mussels in white wine, anise and lemon were excellent. The linguini with shrimp and scallops in a vodka sauce delicious.
The conclusion I came to is the Managing Partner, Joe is really hands on. Greeting customers one minute, in the kitchen the next. He really monitors everything, and it shows. Well done Joe. You clearly have raised the standards and motivated your staff both in the dining room and the kitchen.

Cape May
“Friendly but......,.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here before and the experience was much better. Take out 2 months ago was just ok. We called and they accommodated 4 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby. That was the best thing about the experience. The server was extremely friendly but that's where it stopped. We were watered immediately, but it took us four times asking for bread to finally get it after entrees had been delivered and half eaten. My entree was delivered well after everyone else's. Shrimp, linguini, in a vodka sauce. The shrimp smelled fishy and the sauce was vodka sauce colored but so watery, there was no taste. Dessert was cannoli; dry and tasteless. The other chocolate cake desert had cheap chocolate sauce over it to hide the taste of the tiramisu-like cake. The only thing that saved the night was that it was wine Wednesday and got $10 off the bottle.

1 Thank Oater2