“EXCELLENT BUT OVERPRICED”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had the chicken bryan with a side of string beans, which the meal came with. I ordered the larger portion. The meal came with bread and soup, minestrone in this case. The chicken was absolutely delicious. The string beans were pretty good, though not memorable. The soup was good, as was the bread. The waitress was friendly and efficient, very professional. The ambiance was pleasant. Now for the downside. The portions were ridiculously small. I couldn't imagine how small a regular sized portion would have been. And the prices were unreasonably high. There are too many good restaurants in the area for me to settle for small portions at high prices. This dining experience I had at Carrabba's will be a once in a lifetime experience for me.

1  Thank Bunmaster2014

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Carrabbas in Jacksonville Beach is very average. The branch in Port Charlotte is nothing to write home about. So why is the Carrabbas in Fort Lauderdale so much better? The food was frankly very good. The mussels in white wine, anise and lemon were excellent. The linguini with shrimp and scallops in a vodka sauce delicious.
The conclusion I came to is the Managing Partner, Joe is really hands on. Greeting customers one minute, in the kitchen the next. He really monitors everything, and it shows. Well done Joe. You clearly have raised the standards and motivated your staff both in the dining room and the kitchen.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here before and the experience was much better. Take out 2 months ago was just ok. We called and they accommodated 4 adults, 2 toddlers and a baby. That was the best thing about the experience. The server was extremely friendly but that's where it stopped. We were watered immediately, but it took us four times asking for bread to finally get it after entrees had been delivered and half eaten. My entree was delivered well after everyone else's. Shrimp, linguini, in a vodka sauce. The shrimp smelled fishy and the sauce was vodka sauce colored but so watery, there was no taste. Dessert was cannoli; dry and tasteless. The other chocolate cake desert had cheap chocolate sauce over it to hide the taste of the tiramisu-like cake. The only thing that saved the night was that it was wine Wednesday and got $10 off the bottle.

1  Thank Oater2
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very friendly, restaurant, great service. I had the Tag Pic Pac which is pasta with tomato sauce that has chunks of tomato, garlic and basil. It was to die for. Have never tasted pasta that goo. I have never been to Italy, but if this is close to food they serve there, I've gotta go soon. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Would highly recommend this chain. Tired it once before at The Tampa airport and thought it was excellent then, so found the directions to it,and off we went. We weren't disappointed.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

So I've often seen Carrabbas around living in a chain-centric city and for some reason have lumped it in with other run-of-the-mill Italian chain restaurants. To my surprise the food was surprisingly gourmet. The ingredients were obviously fresh (almost in that locally sourced and cultivated way), the meal was cooked to perfection, and the sauces were incredibly flavorful and robust. While it was quite a bit pricier than other Italian chains, and the kids portions left something to be desired it is my new favorite Italian chain.

The only downside was that my daughter (who is just under 2) ate all 6 raviolis (at $6 for the dish, that was a $1/ravioli) and was still hungry for more. We requested a few more raviolis to satisfy her. They brought out another 6 plate ravioli and charged us for a second meal. Talk about tacky and uncaring for the customer, or my <2-year old in the sense that she was still just a little hungry. In that regard, it was very poor service to compliment higher than necessary pricing. But the food was good.