“Ahhh and I wanted to love this place”
Review of Voodka - CLOSED

Voodka
Cuisines: American, French, Russian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Voodka is a Trancontinental Brasserie which concept has been created to make our patrons feel good and enjoy their time with us. Our menus are changing every four months to adapt to the seasons and keep on serving only fresh, non-frozen ingredients based dishes. The entire Decor at VOODKA reflects a true home feeling. The luxury armchair, modern Chesterfield sofas, classic furniture, vaulted ceilings and library were all put together as an invitation to seat back, relax and enjoy. No hurry here, if you wish to take your time after lunch or dinner, just grab a book and enjoy your last drink. Our menus are a mixture of three main influences, French, Russian and American. On week-ends, starting from 9:30 pm, our dj will rock the place for you to have an even better time after dessert.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I hate writing bad reviews. Really. Everyone has a bad day, but Voodka abused this privilege. Let me start by saying what I liked about VOODKA. The decor is really cool. It's like the Hampton's meets Miami. A lot of thought went into the design. Big applause there. Then there's the REAL FIREPLACE! Complete with sparks, the smell of charred wood burning and glowing embers. How they got the approval... who cares. It's unique and I loved it. The only real fireplace in Fort Lauderdale that I can recall, if you discount brick over pizza places. The bar is nice, but understaffed. Now, the food and service review. There was a young guy named Austin who worked lunch. We'd pass buy on our daily power-walk on Las Olas and say hi to him and tell him "we've gotta come try this place". His friendly personality made us come to dinner. He was not a server that night, just the busboy. We brought out of country business clients as our guests. Let me start by saying that one of the guests started to fall asleep at the table, that's how long it took to get dinner. We were a party of 5. Upon leaving, the big table of 9 next to us, wished us better luck than they had as they waited more than two hours for food. I figured since it was already 9pm the dinner rush was over and it wouldn't be as bad for us. I was wrong. More than two hours later we were presented food. Two entrees had to go back as uncooked (I think the Chef must have gotten mad at everyone yelling at him and plopped raw hamburger on the plate just to get it out). Two of the entrees (Beef- I think filet), which the out of town guests ordered, were good they said. But the gourmet burgers were not edible. Our waiter, who obviously was not happy with what was happening, decided to camp out in the kitchen and ignore us. If we were going to have to wait... we at least wanted more drinks. No waiter, no drinks. I tried to go to bar and get drinks there but they were slammed too. So we begged the hostess and Austin, the busboy, to get us something. They did and it wasn't even their job. The waiter didn't bother to come and explain, give us an update or take drink orders. When I went to the bathroom I noticed all the waitstaff yelling at the kitchen and the kitchen staff yelling back at the waitstaff. It was almost comical. If it hadn't been so late I would have said.. "lets go"... but now I was afraid we weren't going to get any food anywhere as it was a Sunday night and the out of town guests were tired and hungry. It didn't end well as my other half vowed never to set foot in there again. Big improvements need to be made to survive the local audience once the snow-birds leave. I'll keep my eye on TripAdvisor reviews and when they get a little better, I'll give it a shot again. Solo though.

1  Thank bahamasreviewer

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Located on Las Olas in the heart of downtown Ft. Lauderdale.

Had dinner here and the atmosphere is good -- seating inside and outside as well. Food presentation was very nice and the taste was very good, Portions were a good size. Service was slow which I find to be typical of most of the restaurants on Las Olas Blvd. The place has only been open for only 2 months and already they seem to draw a decent size crowd. Although I was here later in the evening, I noticed a sign saying that drinks are half price during Happy Hour.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure you could find better service, food, and...oh yeah...vodka in Moscow. HORRIBLE experience. I "dined" there January 10th with some friends I met at a conference. They were from Boston and NYC, I am from Oklahoma City. The waiter, Victor, was horribly rude, argued with us over splitting the tab, couldn't reccomend a decent wine, and could not talk intelligently about the menu. When I asked him how long they'd been open his response was..."how long do you want us to have been open"??? Ugh! Gross!

The three of us girls ordered the exact same thing, the Sea Bass with fingerling potatoes, and something else (I forget). The ONLY thing that came as it had been described in the menu was the Sea Bass. Everything else was different and we were not told that up front. The portions were small in comparison to the price and the flavor of the food was boring. I don't like being baited and switched.

If this place is going to survive they'll need to do some MAJOR overhauling to their wait staff as well as some strenuous education of the menu. And possibly a new chef. I'm a stickler for good service (don't be in the service industry if you don't believe in serving!) and have certainly left my share of bills minus tips. This time I tipped...but left a note on the ticket that the tip was for the Bus Boy ONLY. Those guys work hard and shouldn't be punished for Victor's complete lack of knowledge and willingness to serve.

The only nice thing I can say about this is the location is good and the interior design was fun.

1  Thank True W
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Voodka on Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale is a new hot spot worth catching while doing the trendy boulevard stroll. Billed as "A Transcontinental Brasserie" it definitely has a different air than most area restaurants and bars--it is loaded with various type of furniture that are conducive to different types of dining--tables, high tops, the bar--and couches. Yes, guests are encouraged to relax and dine and drink afterwards--no one is pushing you to turn the tables! And with the array of food and desserts, it is easy to sit and eat and drink way into the night!

While Voodka might appear to be a Russian dining establishment, it is very multicultural in art, patrons and menu. While some balked at "American" hamburgers being on the menu, that is what people want and I heard they were wonderful. I opted for Carpaccio, mussels and pasta with shaved truffles. Save the burgers for another time, though I did try the fries. Nicely crispy and hand-cut, served in waxed faux newspaper in a deep wire basket, they were good, but couldn't hold a candle to the freshly cut raw beef and ample frisee and arugula salad, served with a light vinaigrette dressing. And Oh! The bread--delicious and crusty--as was the bread served with the mussels swimming in fragrant garlic and white wine and butter sauce!

But don't stop there--if you like fragrant, try the pasta with shaved truffles! Freshly dried truffles are reportedly flown in from France weekly for this and other dishes, but the combination with butter and whatever other spice of flavors they use--or maybe none--maybe just the truffles and butter was all that was needed, but I just about wanted to lick the plate! Instead, I took some in a "doggy" bag and opted to try dessert,

The carrot cake had a cream cheese icing that was not sugary, but just creamy and rich enough to complement the not-to-sweet cake. It went well with the Maple Crown Royal that the bartender suggested I try--as an alternative to my usual Crown on the rocks. The wine list was also quite nice and I found a reasonably priced sauvignon blanc to go with my meal.

Can't wait to go back and try a number of other things on the menu--including the burger with Fois Gras

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was there Jan 19 -- had the amazing Truffle pasta, the mussels, the fries and tasted several desserts. The Truffle pasta was like heaven on a fork! It's so hard to find that dish anywhere in Fort Lauderdale and it was delicious. The mussels were prepared well and good-and-garlicky... and I had the opportunity to try several desserts... I was told that they have their own on-site pastry chef -- loved them ALL... unfortunately I was too full to have a full-sized dessert but mmmm mmmm mmmmm!

1  Thank ElizabethR123