“Yo Cuz! Was Cool”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was girls night out so we decided to dine at Martoranos. We were seated instantly in a very nice booth for four. The restaurant has a very dark feel to it, kind of like you are dining with Mob bosses. The food was good. I loved the meatball appetizer. I also ordered the chicken parmigiana for my entree. It was well flavored, but it had very little marinara sauce on it so I requested a little more on the side. The waiter advised me that it would take 6 mins to come out because it is cooked to order. When the bill came I saw an unknown $5 charge, only to find out that they had charged me extra for the sauce. That would have been fine with me IF the waiter had informed me prior to giving me the sauce that there was an extra fee. I'm not sure how an extra six minutes translates into an additional five bucks. That was my only hiccup with the restaurant. Oh! Just an FYI...they do not open until 5:30p on Sundays.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The hostess was rude & a snob. Appetizers were decent. Waiter was a good guy who tried his best to make up for incompetence of kitchen. Came for concert & 1 1/2 hours later left without my entree. Can't comment on entree because... never got it! Would never return to this restaurant.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best meatballs I ever had!!! best drinks!!! great music!!! what a meal!!! Defiantly coming back again!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The service was wonderful and the food was tasty. The combination makes for a great evening. We had the Philadelphia Cheesesteak as an appetizer. Since we are from the Philadelphia area, I like to compare. I have to admit that it was not quite as good as the real Philly cheesesteak, but it was the best I've had outside of the city.

The movies being played periodically during the meal lead to some great memories. If you like the Godfather, you will enjoy this place.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner here.

The portions are huge and delicious. The fresh ricotta was the best I have ever had. Pasta was very fresh and the sauces were flavored to perfection.

Servers were very attentive & helpful with menu selections.

The resteraunt itself had great atmosphere. We sat in the outdoor seating area, but even the outside had an upscale feel to it. The meal was not inexpensive but was worth it.

1  Thank travelingclark