“Great Fishing Trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Top Shot Sportfishing

Top Shot Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our charter boat the "Happy Day Today" is a 46' Hatteras sport fish located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the Bahia Mar Charter Fleet. We offer half day charters, 3/4 and all day deep sea fishing trips. The boat is fully equipped with all fishing tackle, fishing licensing, coolers, air conditioned vessel, safety equipment, dept sounder and navigational equipment. To name some of the species we target: Mahi Mahi, Black Fin Tuna, Wahoo, Sailfish, King Mackerel, Grouper, Snapper, Sharks and Swordfish. Captain Tommy Zsak has been fishing for over 30+ years as the owner and captain of the "Happy Day Today" and the Top Shot Sportfishing team. Please give us a call to discuss the charter, conditions, what is biting and availability.
“Great Fishing Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband had been wanting to do an offshore fishing trip for years and he finally got his wish! It was a beautiful day and Captain Zsak and First Mate Dave made the trip everything we could hope for. Captain Zsak was loads of fun and was always entertaining is. He did everything he could to make sure we were comfortable and enjoyed ourselves. First Mate Dave was very knowledgeable and worked hard all helping bring in as many fish as possible. The highlight of the day though was when my husband reeled in a 68" golden hammerhead. I would highly recommend Capt Zsak and the Happy Day Today! You won't regret it.

Visited July 2013
Happy Day C, Owner at Top Shot Sportfishing, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi Gregg and Julie,

We also had a good time fishing with your family offshore. The fish certainly cooperated with us and we had a nice catch especially the Hammerhead Shark. Wishing you the best and hope to have you back out with us again.

Best Regards,
Capt. Zsak and crew
46' Hatteras Sport Fish "Happy Day Today"
Located at Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great trip with a few bumps (waves included)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We are locals and charted top shot at the last minute after reading reviews and shopping on price. They seemed to be the best for the money. It was a trip of two 12 year olds and 3 adults. My son and I ask a lot of questions (because we are thinking of buying our own boat) and they were very happy to explain everything. We caught a few fish on the way out and then I hooked my first sailfish. It was a great experience, but as we started to reel in the sailfish, it was clear that mate (who was not a regular on the boat) could not find gloves, net, etc.... I was a little disappointing to seem unprepared while bringing in my first sailfish. I would say the overall day was excellent and would recommend top shot and crew, just make sure before you head out they do a check between mate and captain on where all the necessary equipment is.

Visited August 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Amazing Fishing Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall great experience! The boat was clean and spacious, but above all Captain Zsak and the mate were really nice. As soon as the trip started, Capt. Zsak showed us the nearby Villas of the famous people who own them. I thought that was very cool! In a matter of minutes we were fishing and catching fish. We caught King Fish, Bonito, Barracuda, and Tuna. After the trip they filleted the Tuna and Captain Zsak recommended a nearby restaurant where it was cooked for us. I would go back and recommend this trip to family and friends!

Visited June 2013
Hollywood, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Amazing experience on board!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

For many years I've got skunked on charters. This was the only charter where Capt. DJ guaranteed we would catch a shark :-) When he told me that, I laughed and said don't worry I won't hold you to that promise. But sure enough, before the day was over, my son hooked a 6 foot 200 pound bull shark!!!!

1 Thank Baba M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Offshore fishing/ Ft. Lauderdale, FL.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a great morning fishing with Capt. Tom and first mate Ian aboard Happy Day Today. They both were very accommodating and knowledgeable, but most of all they worked very hard to make sure we all caught fish and had a good time doing it. Came back to the dock with a lot of Blackfin Tuna and a few Bonita. Can't go wrong, these guys are the best!!! Thanks