“Bucket List”

Top Shot Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our charter boat the "Happy Day Today" is a 46' Hatteras sport fish located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the Bahia Mar Charter Fleet. We offer half day charters, 3/4 and all day deep sea fishing trips. The boat is fully equipped with all fishing tackle, fishing licensing, coolers, air conditioned vessel, safety equipment, dept sounder and navigational equipment. To name some of the species we target: Mahi Mahi, Black Fin Tuna, Wahoo, Sailfish, King Mackerel, Grouper, Snapper, Sharks and Swordfish. Captain Tommy Zsak has been fishing for over 30+ years as the owner and captain of the "Happy Day Today" and the Top Shot Sportfishing team. Please give us a call to discuss the charter, conditions, what is biting and availability.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a blast! My college roommate and I wanted to fish in Florida. Growing up on the water in New England, I had fished before. For my friend, this was a bucket list item. However, we had so much fun and caught so many fish, we will do this again next year! We caught so many kingfish and bonitos,( we had to send them back), mackerel, a barracuda and 2 baby sharks.
The boat was spotlessly clean. Captain Tom and first mate Dave were very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend Happy Day to everyone. We were pulling in fish so fast, we had to stop for a few minutes and regroup. Can't wait til next time!!

2  Thank Che136
"hammer head"
"trophy fish"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our 1st ocean fishing experience! It was awesome! Captain Dave Zsak and 1st Mate Dave were down to earth and extremely knowledgable! Asked us what we would like to fish. We ended up with 5 King Mackerel and one Black fin Tuna! The boat was clean and well maintained! Team Dave as I like to call them, really let us be involved and educated us! You know your crew rocks when you arrive back at the dock, and we were the only charter to come back with anything! First Mate Dave filleted our tuna for us and we had it for lunch! We can't wait for our next experience with Team Dave! Oh and thank you 1st Mate Dave for working on your birthday. It wouldn't have been the same without you!

1  Thank Jamie O
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a couple of my FDNY buddies visiting from New York. We chartered the Happy Day Today for a full day of Sportfishing out of Fort Lauderdale,. We had an amazing trip catching 2 sailfish, a couple of real nice Mahi and a bunch of Kingfish and Bonito. We had action all day long. The crew was extremely professional and courteous as well. If you're looking to do some fishing in South Florida, look no further than Happy Day today!

1  Thank Billy O
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was our first time fishing and really knew nothing about the sport. Captain David and his first mate, David were very knowledgeable and patent with us. They were just really fun to spend time with. I would definitely recommend this boat and these guys to anyone, experienced or not.

1  Thank peppep63
See more reviews
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I brought a few friends out for a day of fishing on the Happy Day Today. I am an average fisherman myself where my friends never left shore on a boat that was not a cruise ship. Capt. Dave made everyone fell comfortable with whatever level of experience we had. I was especially pleased with the time he took with me answering my questions. It is nice to learn from a professional on how they do things from rigging lines to cutting bait strips. Do not get me wrong catching fish is nice but, the knowledge he passed to me will be used on my own boat for a long time to come.My friends had a blast! I would highly recommend the Happy Day Today for a great experience for the novice to the weekend warrior.

1  Thank Shawn M
Happy Day C, Owner at Top Shot Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

We are glad to hear that everyone had a good time on the fishing charter as well as you are certainly welcome for the fishing tips. Quite a few of our customers are local and or out of state fishermen that own boats and or fish very often. We are always willing to show what we are using for bait, may it be Bonito strips for King Mackerel trolling. Or offshore Mahi Mahi and Wahoo fishing. Our goal is to make sure you have a great time on the boat, catch fish and maximize your goal and again next time you are out fishing with us, we are more than willing to show you any fishing knots, particular lures used for a specific species, a speed used for trolling and or just answer any questions you may have. Hope you are successful next time you are on your boat.

Will see you on the rip and feel free to give a ring with any further questions.
Regards,