“This is true Cuban!”

Cuisines: Cuban
Description: 1-954-763-9774
Description: 1-954-763-9774
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have lived in Fort Lauderdale for most of my life (about 50 years!), so I grew up on Cuban food.

I first noticed this restaurant when the Home Depot was built across the street. When one looks at the restaurant, the first thought that comes to mind is "keep going". So, all these years I never ate there. My mistake!

Well, today I finally ate there for lunch ----- I was craving a Cuban sandwich and a colada. So, I parked in back (very small parking lot ---- many people park at Home Depot) and walked in. Two Cuban ladies were having their own lunch at 1:00pm ----- they were the owner and employee.

The owner jumped up to wait upon me, and she gave me great service for next 45 minutes. The Cuban sandwich ($5.99) was everything I hoped for. A few workers from Home Depot came in to get a coffee-on-the-go. One Anglo ordered his "colada", and the owner remarked about it. I chimed in from my booth and said I was planning to also have one after my sandwich.

A few other people wandered in to have lunch, and everything looked great!

My take-away from this lunch was, "Why did I wait so long?!?!?!" Frida & Sharo's is great!

(Frida & Sharo are the names of the owner's dog and African grey parrot) (Now you know!)

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Got a tip that this is a must visit place and it really is.

Had a breakfast sandwich and fresh orange juice. And alao the cuban coffee. Highly recommendable.

Small place, great service. Must visit.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We flew into FLL and immediately sought out the closest Cuban feast we could find. Yelp steered us here and we were not disappointed. The waitress was charming, and excellent salesperson, talking us into their delicious juices and specials of the day. The restaurant isn't huge, seats less than 50, and has scant parking behind the unassuming building. But the staff and food more than make up for these minor details. I had the ropa vieja, my husband had the roasted pork sandwich and my kids had breakfast entrees. Everything was delicious and reasonably priced. My husband grew up in Miami with a Cuban side of the family so we seek out good Cuban wherever we travel. He said this tastes just like the meals he remembers as a child. What a great homecoming experience!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Found this restaurant on Yelp and headed here for breakfast. We were charmed by our server, and the restaurant as a whole. The coffee was fantastic! The juices, of which we were given samples first, were also fantastic. Our server quickly guided us and helped us determine breakfast choices. We were all very happy with our breakfast sandwiches, even me and I just had bread and jam. This is a gem and if we get back to Ft Lauderdale we will go back!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a small 42 seat restaurant, just off Sunrise Highway, next to Home Depot. It doesn't look like much from the outside, with the cinderblock facade and the hand-painted signs. There are only four parking spots behind the restaurant on this busy corner, but you can park in the large Home Depot lot across the street. I love Cuban coffee and I had a full breakfast: homemade potatoes w onions, eggs, bacon and Cuban toast, plus a large Cuban coffee. All for $6. It is apparent that the two lady owners are much beloved in the neighborhood. Food was great and service was fast. I plan to come back for lunch to try some of their other Cuban offerings.

2  Thank Kent D