“Location...is why you go to the beach”

Silver Seas Beach Resort
Ranked #89 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

SilverSeasResort is right in the middle of it all...restaurants.bars.etc.and mere yards from the beach..Did I mention location?.being able to run from beach to the room for w/e is a big plus ...no walking thru a lobby...up elevators..just cross the street..Norma was very nice..loaning us an umbrella for the beach...$20 wkly parking is a steal!...other resorts charge $30 a day...This resort is clean and a great value and extraordinarily nice owners.Hope to return soon

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank bevoaustex

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Great location right in the centre of fort lauderdale and only 40min by car away from miami downtown.
The pool small but clean.
The beach in front of the hotel very nice and sandy.
The room spacious.

Drawback: we stayed for one week and the cleaning lady came only once. Moreover she changed only the towels. She did not change our bedsheets and she did not mop the floor. We asked for clean bedsheets in the middle of the week and the asnwer was that the resort's housekeeping refers only to clean towels.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank MaritinaGln
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I would like to thank the staff at the Silver Seas who were so gracious to us upon our arrival on Memorial Day weekend. Norma was so nice, showed us our great room and Tony was so awesome letting us use his beach chairs & umbrella. It was a great time as we unexpectantly didn't know there was a big festival along the beach We had such a wonderful time, great location, clean rooms and a wonderful clean pool. Thank you Silver Seas for a memorable weekend.
Virginia Motroni & Dennis Grenier, Middleton, Ma.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank custombridalgowns
Reviewed May 11, 2012

In light of the previous reviews, I won't go into the obvious: it's dated, has those lovely wall-mounted AC units (good for white noise, though) and rather worn out. The bottom line is, you can't get much more centrally located on Ft. Lauderdale Beach and honestly, how much time are you actually going to spend in the rooms! We woke up, had a cup of tea, dressed and took off for the day. We returned, showered, went out again and came back to sleep. Repeat! The outside pool area is postcard perfect and I took some lovely photos. It's Florida retro at it's best (and I live in Florida), lime green facade and all! AND, you cannot beat the price for the location.

While the parking wasn't free ($20), it was a steal compared to the surrounding places. A friend paid $20 p/d to park at her hotel down the strip and then had to pay another $25 to visit mutual friends at the Marriott EVERY DAY! I was charged just the $20 for the whole three-day weekend and walked everywhere.

My only complaint was the gal who checked me in never greeted me or even made eye contact. She went through the motions, rattled off the rules, sign this, sign that. Not what I would call a good "front of the house" experience. One item that could be improved upon were the luggage trolleys: old, rusted and cumbersome. I had to wash the rust off my hands when I arrived at my room. I'm sure Rubbermaid makes something for this use that wouldn't come off on your hands!

All-in-all, a great location at a very fair price. I would return and maybe smile a little brighter at the receptionist, just in case they were having a bad day.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms at the west end of the hotel - they're on the parking lot and dark.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Poppy M
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Silver Seas for a few days through an RCI Timeshare trade. As everyone has said, the location could not be better. Right across the street from the beach and steps away from a dozen or so beachside restaurants and bars. Nice deep pool, easy room and street access with a fantastic view of the Fort Lauderdale Beach. I felt safe there, easy beach towel exchange…

Now the realities of the motel itself. The place is old. They did a nice job cleaning our room (no issues like some of the other reviews). The bathroom had obviously had some recent work done so the shower/tub was spotless. The kitchenette area was dated but very clean. No bugs or that seaside rust that is common in older beach hotels.

Things were not perfect though. The windows all had chips or small cracks. The walls all had fresh paint but were kinda sloppily done with cheesey external wiring covers and poorly patched areas. The furniture was a bit worn and older. The chain swag style dining table lamp was nasty. The TVs were smallish but the remotes worked and there were plenty of channels if you needed a break from the nearby ocean.

The floor was a cleanly tiled, perfect for beach side hotels. Rooms not particularly insulated well from sound and weather. Loud wall mounted AC’s kept the place icy cold but were a bit of an eyesore. The staff was very nice and efficient. Someone walked off with one of our beach towels which was a bit sucky, but instead of incurring a fee, I pretended to toss two towels instead of one into the office laundry basket. No one blinked an eye. Parking was literally right behind the hotel, a huge plus for the area.

Overall I would recommend the place, but keep in mind you are not staying at a 5 star resort. Do not expect high amenities and a deluxe room. But for a fun time a shell’s throw from the beach, it is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MrDVMP
Reviewed August 17, 2011

What a fantastic little hotel! Silver Seas is right across the street from the beach on the Ft. Lauderdale strip, next to the Ritz Carlton. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite (#345) with full kitchen. The suite was immaculate, with icy cold A/C, super high speed wi-fi, very comfortable bed, high end sheets and towels, and two flat screen TVs with full cable. The hotel has free parking (unheard of in Ft. Lauderdale), 2 BBQs, sparkiling clean pool with ocean view, and a laundry room for guest use. The manager Tony was great and gave us a super deal ($109 per night) for a full 1 bedroom apartment! Note, though, that this is not a fancy hotel. It is a 3 story, quaint, old Florida style hotel, with older kitchen appliances. If you want a fancy hotel with valet parking, room service, etc., stay at the Ritz or Lago Mar and pay the price - the Silver Seas wouldn't be for you. But if you're happy with spotless clean, friendly, spacious apartment style accomodations and a small hotel feel stay at Silver Seas! You can walk to everything too....the strip, water taxi, Las Olas. We come to Ft. Lauderdale every year and will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
13  Thank sun-in-the-city
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family had been staying at Silver Seas for years. Every year, sometimes twice a year we rented for a week or more each visit. The 5 star service began to change as the management changed. As the changes occured...so did the quality of the stays. I suffered quite a horrible illness and required a very long ICU stay. Upon discharge from the hospital, I looked foward to my vacation. Well, after a long drive from Boston (I couldn't fly due to my lung surgery) I checked in with security and immediately gagged when I entered. The room stunk of sour milk and there were dead bugs all over the kitchen. I cleaned as much as I could and the next day had the cleaning staff come do it better. I gave the woman, that I had now known for years, an extra $20 for the assistance. I stayed, enjoyed the recuperation and went home. A year later, and still ill enough to require a walker and cane, I returned with the children and it was a late arrival. I again checked in with security and again, needed to clean my room...this time a filtyh bathroom with urine all over the toilet and hair everywhere including the tub and sink. The dead bugs in the refridgerator were gross enough but old condiments and food left behind by the last guest were just extra. Anyway, I asked for the room to be cleaned the next morning and this time she refused, saying I asked her last time too. I explained that my illness prevented me from cleaning other peoples urine and after about an hour of discussion with her and the manager, I was asked to leave. I was ill and alone with my 3 children 1500 miles away from home and with nowhere to stay. There was NO availability due to Spring Break so I was basically left to sleep in my auto for 2 days before finally catching a break, someone caring enough about my story to offer me a room in a TOP name, 5 star hotel for 1/2 price for the remainder of our stay! My point is....be careful with your requests, you never know what might happen...................But the location is PERFECT!!

Room Tip: Ask about any special needs up front
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family