“Very very good!”

Jet Runway Cafe
Ranked #171 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An eyes widening, jaw dropping, taste bud tantalizing, sensually overloading event and epicurean experience. Experience the Jet Effect.
Birmingham, Alabama
“Very very good!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Even the chicken soft tacos were over the top. This place is good. Seriously good. I haven't tried breakfast here yet but can only imagine that's it the best breakfast you can find. It's worth the trip to the airport for this food.

1 Thank Loves2flytheworld

Margate, Florida, USA
“Breakfast”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My friend invited me to breakfast at IHOP, but I recommended JetRunway, I love the ambience and Karen is such a pleasant waitress..

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pam N
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Great Litte Hidden Spot”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was first introduced to this restaurant by a friend of mind almost a year ago. This is a great spot for lunch. The food is great, the service as well. The Grilled Three Cheese and Tomato Bisque is one of my favorite dishes to have there. It's interesting to look at the airplanes taking off while enjoying the food. Lunch time can be very busy and loud, be warned.

• Visited July 2013
“Very loud”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Go here around lunch time it's extremely loud! Can't really hear the person sitti g right next to you. Very beat place those, can see the personal planes right out the huge windows. Food is expensive for what it is.

• Visited November 2012
florida
“CAN IT BE TRUE? HAVE I REALLY FOUND THE BEST CAKE IN SOUTH FLORIDA?????”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

FORGET the great location and the great fun views that keep adults and children occupied for hours, FORGET the good service, FORGET the really good food, FORGET the easy parking, JUST REMEMBER THIS: MY SEARCH IS OVER!!!!!!! THE BEST CAKE IN SOUTH FLORIDA IS RIGHT HERE!

I have searched and searched for the best chocolate cake.... I won't even mention the dozens of restaurants and bakeries where I've had chocolate cake - usually to be disappointed - occasionally to be pleased - but seldom to be jump-up-and-down-delighted. However, today, while taking my niece and nephew there for lunch (which, by the way, was excellent) - I asked the server what desserts they had - she just said cheesecake, carrot cake, and chocolate cake (and chocolate chip cookies). My 8 year old niece and 6 year old nephew could not agree on what cake to share (he doesn't like cheesecake, she doesn't like chocolate cake, neither wanted carrot cake) - so in spite of the sugar rush they'd both have, I told the server, "let them eat cake!" Niece ordered cheesecake and nephew ordered the chocolate cake and WOW WOW WOW.... absolutely melt-in-your-mouth pieces of heaven. The chocolate cake was huge - not as big as the cheesecake factory blackout cake, but still very big (and cheaper than CCF) - and when I saw nephew take a bite and watched his face, I knew, this was it. This was The One. I watched my niece with the cheesecake - her first mouthful was followed by her closing her eyes for a few seconds and not moving..... the reaction I have when I am tasting perfection - and that's what it was. The perfect cheesecake and the perfect chocolate cake. Each slice was $6, and worth every penny. I have taken photos of them with their cake, although they're lovely looking children, I had to pixelate the photos as you just can't be too careful these days, posting photos on the internet. But you can see the cake clearly.

Niece and nephew couldn't quite manage to finish their slices of cake (they'd each had a kid's meal - one had sliders and one had a corndog - both were reported to be excellent) - so they took the rest home but as soon as they got home, they just dived in and polished off the lot.

On a side note, my lunch (Tuna melt) was excellent, fries were piping hot and tasty, and I have been there for brunch before, which was also excellent - but this is just the cherry on the top - not only great food but the best cake around.

• Visited August 2013