“Beautiful Hotel,Great Staff,Great Food”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We stayed here on Saturday May 15 after getting off a cruise ship, to enjoy just one more day. When we arrived at the Atlantic, we were greeted by a great bell staff, who were very friendly and efficient. We checked in at the front desk with Michael who was really great, and he seen we were hot and thirsty and he immediately got 2 bottles of cold water for my wife and myself. We checked into room 1207 which was just beautiful, with a balcony looking over the ocean and pool. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable and a large bathroom with a tub and shower. The pool is located off the Fifth floor and is alright but not really that big. We had three meals at the hotel during our stay and the food was really OUTSTANDING. The entire staff at the Atlantic from the waiters to the front desk and bell staff were just outstanding. This is a very lovely hotel and worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
fllconcierge, Guest Relations Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

Dear Budda-Usa,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are so happy to see that we exceeded your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with an exceptional experience, thank you for sharing yours on tripadvisor. Thank you especially for mentioning Michael. Your recognition has been shared with him and our team. It is great to see he went the extra mile to make sure you felt welcome and refreshed! We are also glad to see you enjoyed your meals at our hotel. We aim to provide the best hotel experience in the area, and we are glad to see you enjoyed your entire stay with us. When your travels lead you back to beautiful Fort Lauderdale, we will be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel. Thank you your review!

Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed May 20, 2010

My friend and I stayed at The Atlantic Hotel the week of May 10th and we had a fabulous time. The hotel is located directly across the beach - a short walk across N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. The oceanfront room with 2 queen beds was huge. We were in room 603. I've never seen a bathroom so large before! The beds were ultra comfy. The view from our room was the pool and the blue/green waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The full kitchen was a great asset as I do not eat a lot for breakfast and lunch. I bought food and drinks from the CVS up the street. The kitchen does need, however, more cutlery. Everyone at the Atlantic was very friendly and helpful in directing us to our destinations and getting taxis for us as we did not rent a car (something I would do differently the next time). We had a late flight home and the hotel allowed us to stay a bit longer in our room and provided us with use of the spa facilities to freshen up and change into our "going home" clothes after an afternoon spent by the pool. The beach front is beautiful and great for going for walks on in the morning and after dinner. I would recommend the H2O restaurant - great New England clam chowder and pasta dishes. The bar at the hotel had a great tapas menu in the afternoon. We ate at the Bubba Gump Co. restaurant - I would not recommend that restaurant - they do too much with their fish and seafood entrees, such as too much sauce on the food - fish and seafood do not need to be doctored up with sauces, etc. (in my humble opinion). I would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. I hope to return next year for another relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank CruzDiva
fllconcierge, Guest Relations Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Dear CruzDiva,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Atlantic Hotel. It is great to see you enjoyed your experience with us!

Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful time enjoying our beautiful hotel, and it is great to see you had a great time with us! It is also wonderful to see that you appreciated our large rooms. All of our guest rooms are oversized, as they are set up as residential-style units (all rooms have a kitchenette and private balcony, too!). The smallest room in the hotel is 550 square feet, the largest is over 3,000! We are so glad to see you found our ambassadors to be friendly and helpful in finding your way around our town. We will definitely take your suggestion about having more cutlery in the room into consideration as we continue improving our hotel. It is also great to see you enjoyed H2O Cafe, a favorite recommendation of our Concierge Team. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy a delicious meal in Trina during your next visit if you were not able to do so.

Thanks again for the great review of your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back as our guest soon, if you would like assistance in planning a return trip, you are welcome to contact me any time: pmcgannon@atlantichotelfl.com. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

A rare weekend without the kids. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and found the Atlantic to be a very nice property. Pool was on the small side. Our room was only $169/night and I'm fairly certain we were upgraded (Amex Plat. amenity). Our suite was huge with a very large patio overlooking the ocean. The hotel is not ocean front - although some of the pictures of the pool make it appear that way - but on the other side of the street. Spa was ok; nothing special. I really liked the rooms, breakfast was good; service was so so at the pool. Loved the bathroom. Oh, we had kobe steak and lobster at the restaurant at the W down the street and were VERY unimpressed. Went to see Craig Ferguson in Coral Springs

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear schellgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, and thank you for your business!

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your visit to our hotel, especially considering your standards. It is great to see you took advantage of our American Express Program available to Platinum and Centurion Card Holders, we hope you enjoyed all of the amenities and benefits offered with this program. Hopefully you agree that while we are across the street from the beach as many other hotels in the area, the design of the building provides for some pretty spectacular views of The Atlantic Ocean.

We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future, please send me an email if you would like assistance in planning your next visit, or if you have any questions about our property. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is a pleasant hotel, with nice rooms, a good/not short walk from the restaurants and the heart of the area. It has nice views from the rooms facing the ocean, a decent bar/restaurant with outdoor seating (next to the street noise/fumes). I had considered staying at Lago Mar on this trip, and wish I had done so just to be on the beach, not across the busy street from it. Although Lago Mar feels like your grandmother's favorite resort, and is not an easy walk to the main drag, it has an uncrowded and large beach from which you can watch the cruise ships come and go close by.

The Atlantic has much to recommend it, and few negatives (one of which is expensive beach chairs/umbrellas at the beach). It has a nice pool and eating area on the second or third floor. Nice spa facilities. Pretty rooms with good beds and remarkable water pressure. Having a small kitchen is a plus. HVAC in bathrooms could be much better than it is.

Tough to fault the property on anything substantive. Pleasant stay. Very nice views from the room.

If I were to do it again,though, I would try the Lago Mar resort and suffer through what I consider to be "Golden Girls" decorating and, apparently, rules to go with it (dress codes in the restaurant, for example). Ready and private access to the beach is best bet for families with children, including nice pool and playground equipment. Views from the rooms are not much. so the focus is the beach and pool area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Dear Details-R-Us,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at The Atlantic Hotel. Our entire team certainly appreciates your business! Thank you for the kind comments regarding your stay, certainly given your user name.

We are glad to see you enjoyed the aspects of The Atlantic that make our hotel unique. While the Lago Mar is a wonderful classic property, our hotel provides a bit of a different feel, as we are a luxury boutique hotel with contemporary style. Our location on North Fort Lauderdale Beach is a bit away from the hustle of Fort Lauderdale beach, but within 10 minutes you can be in the center of all of the action (not to mention it is much quieter at night on this end of the beach!).

Thank you for the wonderful review, we certainly hope to welcome you back as our guest soon. Please contact me at any time: pmcgannon@atlantichotelfl.com, it is a pleasure to be of service in arranging your next visit to The Atlantic Hotel.

Reviewed May 2, 2010

I do not have one negative thing to say about the Atlantic Hotel. It was a perfect ending to our 3 city vacation. After coming from a very negative hotel stay in South Beach my husband and I were estatic when we arrived at the Atlantic. Since we were early our room was not ready but that wasn't a problem. They stored our bags while we spent the afternoon at the pool enjoying the cocktails and view of the beach. Once our room was ready we were blown away by how beautiful it was. We had an oceanfront king deluxe. The room was huge and the bathroom was gigantic. Everything was updated, clean, and simply beautiful. The kitchen area was stocked with 4 place settings, cooking equipment and utensils, etc. I wanted to roll myself up in the bed linens and never come out! The balcony was adequately sized and a great place to relax before going out to dinner. Highly recommend taking a cab a bit inland to the area with shops and restaurants. Timpano Chop House was out of this world. The gym at the hotel was stocked with cool water, fresh towels and tv's. I did not have the opportunity to indulge in a spa treatment but it appeared to be very nice. Hotel is far enough away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to walk to all of the oceanfront action. I cannot wait to visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjr6791
fllconcierge, Guest Relations Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2010

Dear mjr6791,

Thank you very much for the flattering review! We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. You are welcome to move in any time! Seriously, we do have condos for sale and would love to welcome you as a unit owner.

Your kind comments have been shared with our entire team. Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review about your recent stay at The Atlantic Hotel. It is great to see that you took some time to relax while we prepared your room and took advantage of the great food & drinks at our 5th floor Ocean Terrace! We are also happy to see that you were impressed by our rooms. We have recently renovated our guest rooms, so it is great to see the positive feedback.

Thanks again for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, and thank you for your business!

Reviewed April 23, 2010

There is nothing bad to say about this hotel. The suite was absolutely stunningmcheck in flawless, service impecable. If you're looking for a true 4 diamond hotel to stay at, this has to be the one. Go and eat at Casablanca Cafe, a short stroll away which I have also reviewed.
I slept like a log in the comfortable bed. The bathroom is large enough for a football team. Just everything was perfect.

Just one small word of warning. Watch room service as you do get slugged a 20% service chage. I ordered a bottle of good champagne and ended up with an $18 service charge.
Valet Parking is $28 per day

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Ray Goldberg,

Thank you for the "Absolutely Fantastic" review of your recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate your kind comments and further appreciate your business.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed our exceptional service. Our entire team works very hard for our guests, and we are always pleased to see great compliments. It is a pleasure to see you enjoyed Casablanca Cafe, it is a very popular option here on the beach. We understand your concern regarding our valet parking and service charge for in-room dining. Please be assured that we remain competitive in providing the best possible rates for our guests for these services.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We do appreciate the great review and hope to welcome you back to The Atlantic's sunny shores soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2010

I found The Atlantic on Trip Advisor and made sure to confirm there was no wedding/event that would close the pool area down since that was an issue in another traveler's review. This was a great choice! The staff was very gracious, especially the bellhop, the bartender and the waiter, where we had a wonderful breakfast al fresco. We had drinks in the bar the night before, and it was a great spot to get started for a night out. The rooms were well-appointed, spacious and chic. The absolutely best thing -- and I realized it the next day -- was how completely quiet it is in the room. The hotel is actually condos (sales office in the lobby, but no pitching), so it is very well-built, and the walls are extra thick. I couldn't hear anything from the halls, next door or below us--a huge plus for light sleepers!! The view from the balcony was beautiful, and we slept with the doors open. You just cross the street to the beach -- it's the same with every hotel there. We walked down to the W to check out the design, which was cool, but I was so glad we didn't stay there. Way too much partying going on from the looks of the outdoor furniture. Would definitely recommend The Atlantic and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear NewCharlottean,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at The Atlantic Hotel, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

TripAdvisor is a fantastic resource for finding unbiased reviews, we are so glad to see that you chose our hotel based on our ranking on this website. We are certainly proud of our friendly staff, thank you for recognizing the friendliness you experienced during your stay. It is great to see you enjoyed your oceanfront view.

We certainly would love to have you as our guest again, please contact me if you would like assistance in arranging your return to The Atlantic Hotel.