“Great Hotel”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel the weekend of Aug. 22nd 2009. I was proposing to my girlfriend during the stay, so it was very important that the hotel experience be as close to flawless as possible. It was. My now fiance (and myself too) likes to be on a higher floor for the better view. Knowing this, I called about a week ahead of time and spoke with the Concierge, explaining the significance of my stay and, in addition to asking for food reccomendations, asked to be put in as high a room as can be. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk and bellman. The bellman promptly offered us a couple of cold bottles of water. When I informed the clerk of our preferance for a high floor, she stated that she saw the Concierge's note in thier system and it would not be a problem. We were on the 14th floor, which really is the highest possible unless you book a huge suite or the penthouse. The oceanfront view was amazing. The room was spotless. If you're into spending 20, 30+ $ on a very tiny bottle of patron, grey goose, etc, then they have a very nice liquor selection in the room. The mini kitchen was state of the art and had anything you might need in terms of plates, silverware, pots + pans and the like. The bathroom was great, however the stand alone shower was a little small if you're a bigger person (I'm only 6'1, 200 lbs and still found it cramped). As some have written on here, the tv was one of the old school models, but if you're going to the beach and you choose to be a snob regarding how new the tv is, then you've got issues. Ant that's coming from a guy who likes his tv time. The spa was fantastic. I booked a couples bath/massage prior to our arrival. Anette (spelling. ?) at the spa was great in setting everything up. I changed the appointment time on several occasions before arrival and not once did she seem annoyed. She also suggested a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries to go with our bath before the massage. The champagne seemed like a decent bottle and the strawberries were very, very fresh. The restaurant at the hotel was excellent. Can't wati to go back!

1  Thank globetrekker84
Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed here for a weekend, after spending 2 nights in Coconut Grove, Miami area. I wish we had stayed here the whole time. It was beautiful. The customer service was right on- polite, respectful. and attentive.
The room was amazing. We had a king bedroom, 2 bath suite. The views were gorgeous- very spacious, clean, updated, and luxurious. The bed was so comfortable-and having a bad back, broken in a snowmobile accident- I can appreciate this almost as much as the view.
We had purchased a spa package, and if you can, it was well worth it. My massage was wonderful, as was my hair and scalp treatment, both given by very pleasant, customer service oriented women.
All in all, it was an extremely good experience, as you can see from all my feedback. I cannot wait to get back, and this time, stay a little longer.

Reviewed August 30, 2009

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa was perfect. I read alot of great reviews about this hotel and they were right on. The hotel was immaculate and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. From the Valet to the Trina Restaurant, everyone provided me with excellent service and hospitality. I plan on going back asap.

1  Thank Lynnyboy
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I’m a very picky mom. Before booking a hotel for my family I always research the hotel. The Atlantic Hotel did not disappoint me. This hotel was a breath of fresh air. My family and I enjoyed this hotel. If you have small children I would suggest booking one of their AMAZING suites. The rooms were very clean and quiet. The food and service at Trina restaurant was very good. We will surely vacation at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ceaA2
Reviewed August 23, 2009

My wife and our 12 and 13 year old sons were looking for a weekend getaway where we could relax, enjoy some good family time, and spend a lot of time on the beach. We could not have found a better place than the Atlantic hotel. We arrived on Friday night and were greeted by Brad and Fritz. We were quickly upgraded to a king delux suite at no extra charge because they were out of queen rooms. Although the room was larger and more expensive, it only had sleeping for 3 so Brad and Fritz quickly arranged for a rollaway, which was delivered within 5 mn. of entering our room and the person delivering it even set it up for us, to my son's wishes. So, right off the bat we were very pleased. These rooms are nothing short of spectacular. There were two BOSE radio systems in the room, a marble bathroom with walk-in shower of about 5' x 5' with enough water pressure to put out a fire had it been needed. The toilet had its own room, another 5' x 5' space. There is a tub, dual granit sink, and probably close to 200 square feet in the bathroom, all nicely laid in marble and with patterns. The beds and linens are top notch and a very high grade of cotton. The kitchen is nice granite and stainless, and there were two heavy cotton robes in the very large closet in the entry way, and another closet next to that one. The balcony allowed both views down the south side of the beach/ocean, and also of the Ft. Lauderdale skyline to the west. Just south was the 'empty' Trump tower, so we left curtains open the entire time as there were no neighbors who could peek in at us. The bedroom had very nice polywood shutters on the window. This hotel is as good as you can get for the beach. You simply go out the lobby door, ask for some towels (which are so nice that I can't imagine that they let you take them out of there) go down the lobby entrance to the hotel, push a button to cross A-1-A and you are on the beach. Not only that, but there is a very fancy lifeguard tower righ there with someone to watch over you. The beach is fantastically clean, and obviously the city is paying to keep it up. The best part is that when done with the beach, up near the lifeguard tower and near the sidewalk, there is a very powerful shower for washing sand off of you. I've rinsed in 100's of showers in FL on the beach and most are ineffective and you are standing in a pile of sand when done. This one has so much water pressure, that if you were buried in sand, you could be rinsed clean in probably about 5-10 seconds - IT IS THAT GOOD! Then, the sand washes off the concrete ledge, leaving you sand-free for the short walk across A-1-A and into the hotel lobby. With 2 boys, and going to the beach back and forth about 3 times a day, I don't think we had one grain of sand in our room! We utilized the FL educator special rate and were given free valet parking and also $40 in breakfast credits in the restaraunt each morning. There are other specials on their website, such as FL residents, senior citizens, etc... I will say that the food is spectacular at this restaraunt. We tried the poached eggs on crab, smoked salmon bagel, American breakfast, and blackened mahi-mahi. Two can get more than their share of food for $40. Also, you can get served breakfast until very late in the morning (11:30 I think, but don't quote me on that). We also at dinner there one night as they had a $39 special that included a appetizer, entree, desert, and glass of wine. The boys ate off of a kids menu for $7, including their drinks. This is a fabulous deal! We had the lobster/crab entree and also the coconut shrimp but the shrimp were so large that I thought they were lobsters themselves. The appetizers and desserts were also of very high quality. We had a very nice dinner with a great atmosphere for about what we spend on dinner at a 'run of the mill' 'chain' place. I will also mention that the restaraunt always had about a dozen staff members working in there, all at a very fast pace and definitely knowing what they were doing. Lastly, the hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. Towels were always available, my boys kept their boogie-boards in the lobby and checked them in/out as they went to the beach always being greeted by the staff. Fritz gave us a 1:00 checkout, and this hotel had a noon checkout anyway (instead of 11:00 like some do). There was cold ice water with orange slices in it near the lobby entrance and on the 5th floor where the pool was. The entire facility was immaculately clean during our stay here. I give this hotel 5 stars and am already looking to make another reservation in September for a nice weekend. Although it wouldn't matter much to us as we utilized the restaraunt, you can walk about 1/2 a mile south and find a CVS pharmacy with normal prices to get whatever you need in terms of snacks, food, drinks, etc...

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank avocadoman
Reviewed August 21, 2009

When you visit Fort lauderdale- the Atlantic Hotel is the only place to stay!IIt is flawless. We spent hours and hours on trip advisor looking for a super hotel and we got a magnificiant one. You are treated like royalty - I couldn't stop smiling.
The rooms are so deluxe and the view from your balcony and especially when you wake up to it first thing in the morning is breath taking.
We found through searching endlessley that booking through the hotel was the best option with the best price and valet parking was included ( where as in other hotels you had to pay extra on top of your accomadation). We had the $40 per day breakfast voucher instead of the spa deal and the food was delicious. You may though want to go for the spa voucher instead that you can put towards daily treatments. You do have free use of the spa though and the gym.
If you buy a phone card from a gas station to phone the UK or other countries they are great but what we didnt realise is that if you use your phone card from your hotel room at the atlantic they charge you for to be connected. So use your phone cards outside the hotel and save the extra pennies on a water taxi to las olas - the closest stop is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel and dream of having a yacht like those on the waterway!!!
We are currently planning our next trip to the Atlantic beacuse it is truly the best hotel we have stayed in!
Hope this review is helpful!
Amy

1  Thank amybabe1
Reviewed August 18, 2009

The staff and service here are EXCEPTIONAL! I recently stayed here with my boyfriend a day before we had to go on our cruise. We arrived very early to the hotel, but the concierge was very helpful in taking our luggage and storing it. They even allowed us to keep our valuables in a special safety deposit box while our room was being prepared. Next, we were given bottles of water and towels to take with us to the beach which was just across the street.

After we came back from the beach we were able to use all the amenities of the hotel until they called me to let me know our room was ready. In the meantime, we went up to the pool, which was just gorgeous. It reminded me of an infinity pool because it was so close to the edge. From the pool area you can see the Fort. Lauderdale beachfront. Even the staff at pool bar were great! They were helpful in providing us with information of where to go later that night and always made sure that we had all beverages needed.

The rooms at the Atlantic were superb! We had a kitchen that was equipped with everything we needed, living room, balcony overlooking the ocean and a massive bedroom. The bathroom had a bathtub and shower with a separate room for the toilet. Maid service came by twice during that one day and left us chocolate for the night.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Atlantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Wonderful location on the beach front, Amazing room and even better service. The staff here really did do their best to make sure you and a great stay!

2  Thank Zisil86