I stayed at the Atlantic Hotel the weekend of Aug. 22nd 2009. I was proposing to my girlfriend during the stay, so it was very important that the hotel experience be as close to flawless as possible. It was. My now fiance (and myself too) likes to be on a higher floor for the better view. Knowing this, I called about a week ahead of time and spoke with the Concierge, explaining the significance of my stay and, in addition to asking for food reccomendations, asked to be put in as high a room as can be. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk and bellman. The bellman promptly offered us a couple of cold bottles of water. When I informed the clerk of our preferance for a high floor, she stated that she saw the Concierge's note in thier system and it would not be a problem. We were on the 14th floor, which really is the highest possible unless you book a huge suite or the penthouse. The oceanfront view was amazing. The room was spotless. If you're into spending 20, 30+ $ on a very tiny bottle of patron, grey goose, etc, then they have a very nice liquor selection in the room. The mini kitchen was state of the art and had anything you might need in terms of plates, silverware, pots + pans and the like. The bathroom was great, however the stand alone shower was a little small if you're a bigger person (I'm only 6'1, 200 lbs and still found it cramped). As some have written on here, the tv was one of the old school models, but if you're going to the beach and you choose to be a snob regarding how new the tv is, then you've got issues. Ant that's coming from a guy who likes his tv time. The spa was fantastic. I booked a couples bath/massage prior to our arrival. Anette (spelling. ?) at the spa was great in setting everything up. I changed the appointment time on several occasions before arrival and not once did she seem annoyed. She also suggested a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries to go with our bath before the massage. The champagne seemed like a decent bottle and the strawberries were very, very fresh. The restaurant at the hotel was excellent. Can't wati to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique property located on Fort Lauderdale Beach with panoramic ocean views and a focus on personalized service. Spacious rooms and luxury amenities make this property the perfect retreat for business or leisure travel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantic Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Resort And Spa
- The Atlantic Hotel Fort Lauderdale