“Wonderful”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My most recent stay was my second stay at the Atlantic. I liked it so much , when I was there in June, as soon as I came home I planned a return. Overall, the hotel is wondeful. 24 hour room service, fruit and coffee in the lobby, Everything is presented very beautifully. Nice stay, great amenities. I stayed in a King Oceanfront Suite (basically a one bedroom apartment with two bathrooms - it was huge and had two bathrooms (1200sq ft). The regular King Rooms are very large as well. 600sq. ft) at regular rate plus free breakfast (what a steal!!!)
My only cons are, Parking is $28 per day which is a little pricey but it comes with the territory and the pool ONLY goes up to 4 feet. Good thing I love the beach. I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnGee1976

Reviewed June 29, 2009

A friend and I stayed at the Atlantic for a girls getaway. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I arrived at 1 pm (check-in is 4) and was given a room right away. The room was large, comfortable. The only negative I would say is the carpet needed to be replaced. The hotel does not offer beach chairs/umbrellas, however, you can get towels and water to take to the beach. We ate breakfast every morning at Trina. Terrific food and service (thanks, Jared!). Hotel staff - extremely nice and helpful. Sonny recommended an amazing restaurant and nightlife on Las Olas. He got us dinner reservations last minute and had a cab waiting for us when we were ready to go. The hotel was extremely quiet (and we were even located directly above the pool). We were given a late check-out with no questions or hassle and we continued to enjoy the pool and spa until our departure to the airport. Thank you to everyone at the Atlantic for an amazing weekend getaway!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank jmonte96
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed at the Atlantic in March and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Right on the main strip across from the beach . The beds are the most comfortable. Fresh juice in the lobby all day long.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mainella_Family
Reviewed June 26, 2009

The hotel's service was incredible....the hotel lobby was quite dark, which I didn't care for....I didn't eat at Trina, but the restaurant looked great!! The hotel room was extremely nice and the housekeeping was excellent!! The view from the room was very nice as well....and the room was ultra comfortable...I was more comfortable in the hotel room than in my own home, while watching TV.....very pleasant experience overall, I would recommend this hotel to travelers going to Fort Lauderdale....the pool was small, but with the ocean right there, the pool is almost not needed. We never used it....we were in the ocean everyday.....the ocean is super clean and clear and the beach is absolutely gorgeous!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lockin
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This hotel is one of the best I've stayed in while vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale. When we arrived they upgraded us to a suite. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the rooms were very spacious and clean. The rooms have kitchens with stove tops, microwave, sink and dishes and utensils. We saved a lot of money by going to the grocery store and cooking our breakfast and lunch instead of paying to eat out which can get pricey. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The valet staff was very fast and always asked if we needed directions getting to our destination. We ran out of coffee one morning and called for some....they were at our door within 5 minutes and then they called the room to make sure we were satisfied with the coffee and asked if we needed anything else. They also provide free wi-fi service. The location is great....right across the street from the beach and the pool area is beautiful as well. It's on the 5th floor roof top overlooking the ocean. I would definitely recommend stayiing at this hotel on your visit to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JLCMass
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I'd highly recommend this place if you have the money to spend. Valet parking is mandatory and cost about $30/day + tips whenever you come & go. Upon arrival we were given bottled water, the lobby smelt great, and was dark and romantic, very clean! Everyone was friendly, we were treated great! There's a nice bar on-site - we never ate or drank there so I can't give my take on that. The gym is pretty nice actually, I was suprised because hotels usually have crappy gyms. The roof top pool & area is gorgeous and we didn't have to play the chair game at all! There was free lemon water by the pool, however I couldn't get a coffee for free in the morning, I don't believe internet is free either. Our room had a fridge & microwave that we used a lot - they put out a tray of candies & fill your fridge, but obviously that's never free. The location was great, we walked to Beach Place a couple of times.

I guess over-all I expected that for the price we paid to stay there, there would be the odd thing "included" but nothing was included. What's funny about this trip was our flight ended up getting cancelled until the next day, and we had to sleep at the Holiday Inn Express for the night for cheap....and guess what!! Parking - Free, Internet - Free, Coffee/Tea in the lobby - Free, Fridge in the room full of water - FREE!!! Who ever said you get more when you pay more....you get much less actually. :) Although we did get a great location, and great roof top pool. It was a great experience....

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank princesscheryl
Reviewed June 8, 2009

we arrived really early Thursday and we were checked right in on a high floor like we wanted. we loved our room. it wasn't dirty or any of that. the beds were so comfortable, the bathroom was great. the burgers were not good at all but the rest of the food was pretty good. h2o and cafe Vico are great places to go check out. if you are a couple of young girls like we were it's a long walk to bars. especially in the heat but we did it. if anything that was our exercise on the trip. it's also sort of nice that it's quiet and calm at night for when you want to sleep. unlike the other hotels near everything that you probably can't sleep with all the music, bands, and partying going on. everyone in the hotel was so nice and helpful. from taking pictures for us, to calling a cab the second we walked outside. to giving us free sodas. we had the best time. having stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the country this was a great hotel. they just need to get more selections on food. not everyone loves seafood! only pasta dish they had for dinner was like $30 with a bunch of seafood type things in it. every other restaurant tries to cater to all. then as we ordered from the kids menu it tasted like they threw it in the microwave. poor kids!

the only thing we didn't like to much was the spa or had a problem with. well just the people running it. our last day we booked a few things before we got on the plane. they booked us for the more expensive facial which we didn't want but we didn't complain. we went over it at least 3 times that we wanted the cheaper one but they seem disorganized. supposedly the spa treatments are constantly changing. it wasn't the greatest thing to see a huge bill at the end but whatever. we were too tired to complain or argue and had to get ready to leave. it was great though the facial. though it seemed really short not the 50 minutes like it was supposed to be. maybe they thought because we are young that we don't know any better? who knows.

then onto the hair treatment in the spa which they actually got right. (as in no most expensive treatment instead) there was no scalp massage. put under the hair dryer for 3-5 mins when she says 12 mins. maybe they need timers in this place? she also seemed a bit rough. as we all had the same treatment we all compared stories afterwards (come on we are girls!) she also burned my ears with the blow dryer and my friends neck (holding a blow dryer that close to the skin hurts!) not really the fun spa treatments we wanted before going home. hours later my ear still hurts. it did not seem worth the $65 at all. nor did the facial seem worth the $110. I had better treatment at the Aveda Institute with students and longer! my hair does feel really soft though. that could just be after a week at the beach, a good washing and styling job. for all the treatments we had, we were surprised to be out and back in our hotel room before 2 hours. aren't they supposed to be 50 minutes each?

on a more positive note we loved the pool. it wasn't huge but it seemed fine for the hotel. maybe spring break is more crazy. the hot tub was great too. they should have some chairs at the beach that aren't like $30 to rent. maybe come included in the hotel? I don't know why people are complaining about the internet fees. $13 for the whole time? really not that bad. we also loved watching movies that aren't on dvd yet. we also loved that there were really no children at this hotel. not that we hate children but we are young and didn't want being splashed or screaming children around on our vacation. also for those who take cares there are meters around the block which are probably a lot cheaper then valet. probably annoying to keep putting in change though.

with all of this I would say this is a great hotel. just need to get more organized in the spa. need more selections in food. lower the liquor in the room too. $36 for the smallest bottle of grey goose. I want to know one person who pays that for that small bottle. when you can go get the biggest bottle for maybe $30. maybe a little shuttle service just to go down the street would be nice too. instead of having to walk a mile down the street in the heat. I think il lugano does that? cars that take you anywhere as long as it's within a mile. we kept seeing them. either way really great place. we loved it. we would go back in a second. we didn't even want to leave. even with the spa not being that great. they need more tourist things in that gift shop too. it should just be called a spa with all the things they sell there. also they need to put a table or something in the room. every time we got room service we had nowhere but the floor to sit and eat. it was way to hot outside to eat.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends