“One of nicest hotels, by far!”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Absolutely stunning and beautiful....accommodations were beyond gorgeous....better than any hotel I've ever been in. The staff was so wonderful. Want to go back immediately with my husband for a weekend getaway. Only downside is there's no vending machines/gift shop and the pool bar wasn't open on a Saturday evening...better for couples, but they brought up a crib for my daughter and pulled out the couch and made the bed for my son while we were at the pool. Bellman brought a filled ice bucket to our room with our bags...and the housekeeper brought us waters and chocolates in the evening and turned down our bed and removed the garbage.....I was in love!! haha!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

It is so nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and hotel, thank you so much. We have been looking into the idea of some type of offerings for sundry items and appreciate the feedback. We hope that you return soon to our paradise by the sea.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am a local and my mother and I spent the day at the spa and relaxing at the pool after. Knowing there are many options in the area, we were satisfied with our choice. The spa is super clean, great customer service, wonderful massages and facials. Laying at the pool after was very relaxing. The bartender catered to us and delivered drinks as well. Go here if you want to feel like you've spent $1000, and actually only spent $100.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JenniG20
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

It is very special when someone from our area has the opportunity to spend the day with us and enjoy what we have to offer. Sometimes the best things are right in our back yards and we don't even realize it. We are very happy that you enjoyed and hope to see you in the near future for some more tranquility.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed in many beach hotels and this was one of the best. The official rating is a four and half star which is deserved and they are not far away from being a five star. It was the extra little things that made this relatively small hotel special like containers of flavored ice water in many locations throughout the hotel, complimentary coffee and fruit inn the lobby and spa, frienly staff and the turn town service where they leave bottled water, chocolate and weather information for the following day. The pool area which was on the 5th floor over looking the ocean was every bit 5 star with the best view I have seen from a pool. The pool bar service was excellent also. We had a king ocean view room which in any other hotel would be called a junior suite. It had a small kitchen with fridge, microwave, stovetop and toaster, large flat screen TV, a dressing chair, balcony which directly looked over the ocean, large bathroom with seep rate shower and tub and was very clean. I highly recommend this hotel and if you shop wisely you can get deals.

Room Tip: I think most rooms are ocean view and we had a king ocean front room, 600 sq ft, which was perfect f...
1  Thank Madison R

We really appreciate your wonderful review of our hotel. Sometimes it's the little things that make a difference and it is so nice to hear how much you appreciated them. We have posted this review for all our team to see which is exactly what it takes, an entire team.

Thank you so much and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I usually stay in this hotel 1 or 2 times a year. It is very comfortable and usually has the best price.
It is not luxurious like the Ritz Carlton, but the price is usually $100 less. It is defiantly a step above the Hilton though. For this price you get nice building, good service, large rooms, nice bathrooms, great location.
I've never had any issues with it and will keep coming back as long as they provide good value.
Sometimes they offer FL resident deals that include a discount and/or valet parking, etc...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank faarias
Heidi D, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We are very grateful that you choose The Atlantic as your home in Fort Lauderdale. Being one of our regular guests is very important to us and we are happy that we fulfill your expectations so that you continue to return. That is something we strive for and will continue to accomplish.

Please let me know the next time you are here.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Atlantic the last week in May for 5 nights. This place was awesome! The hotel was clean and the rooms were large. I cannot say enough about the staff. I would personally like to thank Jerome, Lisa, Dillon the front desk and the housekeeping staff. You are wonderful! After a very long winter in Boston, this vacation was needed. We stayed in a king oceanfront room. We felt like we were on a cruise ship in the morning, looking out at the ocean. The pool area was beautiful, not to mention the beach. This hotel is in a perfect location and within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. We absolutely loved this hotel and would highly recommend it! We will definitely be coming back! Thank You

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that you had such a fabulous experience at our hotel. It means the world to our team to read such wonderful comments about them. I will give a special shout out to Lisa, Dillon and Jerome as well as our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams.

Please reach out to me on your next visit I would love to meet you.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had hassle after hassle at this hotel since we arrived. We had a reservation through Hotels.com for two bedrooms. I arrived early with my wife and my daughter with her husband was scheduled to arrived late on the evening. When I arrived I left everything settle at the front desk included a credit card to guarantee the extra charges. When my daughter arrived after a long flight and with a printed reservation from hotels.com she was denied the room under the explanation that we had done the reservation through a "private owner", which we checked with hotels.com and was not true. She and her husband had to wait for two hours until they gave her a room. From midnight to 2:00 AM. And she had to pay for the her room again. In the morning I tried to talk with the manager of front desk but this was totally useless. His arrogance is only like the cleaners of this hotel. Below standards. We used the swimming pool once and the bathroom at this location was so dirty and had no toilet paper. Can you imagine this? No toilet paper in a public bathroom.
For two days we went to the beach and when we arrived at the room late afternoon nothing was clean. Not the bathroom and the bed not set.

Finally there is the charges of the restaurant. Not only the service is poor and lazy but the charges are totally absurd. Double charges were normal from this restaurant. When we checked out I had to ask the front desk to remove some charges.

There are many other options near by. Don't go to this hotel.

Jorge L

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank Jorge L

Jorge,

It is very unfortunate that you had an unpleasant experience in our hotel. We are a condominium hotel and all of our units are owned individually. Not all of the owners are part of our hotel program and we do not operate their units. You booked your reservations through a private owner not the hotel. The situation which was explained to you was we did not know the exact unit owner since it was booked through a third party and the front desk did everything in their power to accommodate you. After investigating the other issues you mentioned our team did not find the concerns as explained. We have an extremely high satisfaction rate and we pride ourselves in taking care of all guests whether in our program or not but in this situation matters were beyond our control.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed for one night at in a king oceanfront studio. Didn't go to the pool or left the hotel room but the view was good. I changed rooms 3 times. The first room (605) was directly above the pool, that's a no-no for me. The second room was 901, and even though it was "oceanfront", I didn't like the wall to my left. It didn't feel "oceanfront". The guy at the front seemed annoyed (exhaled excessively loud when I asked for another room). This hotel isn't inexpensive and I wanted the best view for my one night. Anyways, the final room (904) was oceanfront and high up, directly across from the elevator. You cant hear anything though. I feel like the corner rooms to the right can look directly into my room from the balcony but im hoping the curtains did their job. Every room I walked in had a weird smell to it. Im assuming its because the a/c hasn't been on for a while but the smell eventually went away. The kitchen area was good. It had a fridge, stovetop and sink. The bathroom was clean as far as the eye can see. The furniture had some scuffs on them but nothing major, just not "new" looking. The bed was comfy and clean. The TV had regular cable (no DVD player). They offer complimentary Wi-Fi regardless if you get a room with it or not. The valet was good, expensive ($28 +tax), but good. no problem there. Sleeping with the balcony doors open is a must. The continuous sound of the waves was amazing.

Hello,

We have reviewed all your comments and are working to improve the areas that you have mentioned. Your comments have been very helpful to our team and we take them very seriously. We are happy that your overall experience was a good one.