“Excellent comfortable stay”

Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Rochford, United Kingdom
“Excellent comfortable stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Me & my husband stayed here for 3 nights (15-18 Sep). We had driven down from Orlando in Torrential rain, but luckily managed to find the hotel very easily! The valet guys were really helpful & so to was the bellman. Check in was very smooth & helpful with any questions. We had an oceanfront king studio (in the middle overlooking the pool & ocean) with kichentte and a balcony. We were very impressed with the size of our room, so spacious and comfortable. I must say that the shower was excellent, really powerful, problably one of the best showers in a hotel i've had!! Rooms were cleaned everyday & lovely fresh towels. I would recommend the FL burger in their restaurant, best burger ever & the wonderful Strabwerry Champagne cocktail. I would definately stay at this hotel again. Thanks for a great stay.

1 Thank sanet34
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Sanet, I appreciate you taking the time to tell of your positive experience with us. I love hearing how your enjoyed your FLB and cocktails - we have very creative and skilled professionals dreaming up and creating those tasty treats. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit. Thanks for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Biggin Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days after four days in New York. From the beginning of our holiday to the end we were treated like friends by all the staff but especially Stjepan and Lisa who were always there to make sure we were looked after. Nothing was ever too much trouble. They were always smiling and spoke to us, and they made our stay a great experience.

We had two lovely rooms, one which had a fantastic sea view, and they were always cleaned every day. The only negative was because you could cook in your room using the hob or microwave it often meant there were unpleasant cooking smells drifting around the corridors.

The spa and gym facility were excellent and never busy although it would have been more convenient if they were open longer hours. Beautiful roof top pool with plenty of sunbeds and plentiful free clean towels. Very friendly bar staff offering a variety of drinks and food by the pool. Would have been good however if there were more variety of smaller lunchtime snacks for example sandwiches or baguettes as didn't always want to spend a large sum of money on a big lunch!

Fantastic choice for breakfast, always a large plateful to set us up for the day, and with the vouchers was often free. We ate in the hotel restaurant many times and the service and food was always excellent. All the meals were explained or recommended and all the waiting staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and really hope to return as soon as possible!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SarahJ1965
Dear Sarah, Thank you for spending so much time with us. We appreciate you sharing your experience at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa. I glad to hear how our staff made an impact on your enjoyment. I hope you can return to us when your travel brings you back to the States.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am a travel agent and am always concerned about where I place my clients. I continue to book clients here. Always have great reviews when they return. The location is excellent and any problems that have ever occurred have been rectified quickly. I am booking another couple here for their one year anniversary.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Keith, Thank you for your kind words. It means so much coming from a professional. We take our mutual business very seriously so that our guests can take it easy. Thank you for your business and for your client referrals.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I did a weekend getaway and chose this hotel. I confess I was skeptical, but I was really pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in the door. The staff was exceptional. They were consistently pleasant and helpful. Everyone we came in contact with was great, from the valet to the front desk to the bartender(s). Our oceanfront room was also quite nice, spacious, clean and tasteful, but there was an faint underlying smell in the air, like someone smoking in another room. The exercise room was well equipped and fine for a weekend stay.

A note on the staff: My wife misplaced her glasses in the exercise area. We notified the staff and they promised to keep an eye out for them. Sure enough, after we left, they turned up. We got a call at home from the hotel and the glasses were sent out the next day.

Food and drinks are rather pricey, but not out of line with a high-end hotel.

My only complaint, and it is truly a nit, but I know the manager reads this, was the lobby smelled very, very strongly of some sort of air freshener. Almost like they spilled a batch or something.

Overall, this was a great stay for us. I recommend without reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tony, We are gratified to hear how we won you over! I hope that you found all the relaxation you were looking for. Point taken about our fragrance - we are investigating. Thanks for your patronage, we look forward to your return
Davie, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Two day staycation. Everything top notch. Unexpected high-end
room. Well trained and courteous staff with genuine smiles. Great
breakfast. Cannot recall a thing that could have been better. Will
use the Atlantic again for our close by getaways!

Room Tip: Be aware that ocean view is not ocean front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Docwatt, We are so happy to hear how you enjoyed your staycation with us. Fort Lauderdale Beach is indeed a world-class destination. We're grateful for your business. I hope you can visit us perhaps for a cocktail at our happy hour some evening when you might want to watch the moon rise above the waves.
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I took my brother to the Atlantic Hotel for 3 nights for his birthday. We had oceanfront rooms which were comfortable and clean. The valets were personable and quick. The front desk and concierge were fabulous. The spa was amazing! We'll definitely book the Atlantic on future trips to Fort Lauderdale. Thank you for your hospitality!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Tess, Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I'm especially pleased that you got to indulge in our wonderful spa. We can't wait until your next getaway.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Atlantic in August. We loved every minute of our time in Ft. Lauderdale, and we attribute it to the Atlantic and their wonderful staff! We chose this room because we happened to find a great deal on it, and the reviews were so good. We were nervous at first, because it seemed too good to be true. But when we got there, all our concerns instantly went away. We had booked an Ocean Front room, and it was beautiful. It was comfortable and nicely furnished. We especially loved the housekeeping; they were truly amazing! The restaurant downstairs was very tasty...try the scallops! (my fiance had them twice they were so good:)

The concierge was very helpful, and pointed us to some great restaurants. He was so genial and welcoming, it made us feel at home! The location of the hotel was perfect; close to restaurants, shopping, and transportation. It is literally right across the street from the beach, which was beautifully maintained.

My (now fiance) actually proposed to me on this trip on the beach, and we feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful experience to tell our friends about.

Thank you, Staff of The Atlantic, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jamie, On behalf of our entire staff, please accept our best wishes for you and your fiance in your life together. We are overjoyed to have played a small role in your memories. We wish that you will walk on our beautiful beach on your golden anniversary (and many times before).