“Everything you need”

The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in a suite with an ocean view on the 14th floor .This hotel is just perfect...The room was spacious with a complete kitchenette,a balcony,a marble bathroom etc..

The beach is right across the street and easily accessible.The staff is really helpful and friendly

. We did use the exercise room 4 times. The apparels are up to date and the view over the atlantic is spectacular.

The only negative point would be the price of the valet parking...Even tought the service is top notch, 28$ a night is a bit pricey.

We are already planning another visit there next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingisfun2012
Write a ReviewReviews (2,084)

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, this place rocks and to be honest, maybe we expected too much. We did in fact save most of the year to come spend the week but it was the little things that proved to be at times disappointing. If you like to go to the gym, yes it's open 24 hours but the person who's in charge of towels whether it be in the gym or the pool is not on the ball. Three straight days my wife and I went to the gym and there were no towels and it wasn't just that there were no towels for a few minutes, two if the three times we had to go back to the room and get our towels because the spa did not open until 10:00 am. One morning I noticed that the towels from the night before from the pool were still there from the night before because my wife and I had a drink later in the day and noticed the towels laying in a heap before we retired to bed. They were in the same position at 9:00 am the next morning. Stocking the coffee. Loved the coffee machines but twice I felt uncomfortable asking the maid to restock the coffee for the morning. With that said, the staff was wonderful and maybe we just caught them at an off period. Breakfast was wonderful; loved having the USA delivered every morning and I have to say if you can get Caty or Katy; not sure exactly how her name is spelled, but a wonderful personality and makes a mean sangria!! The rooms were nice and beds made. We would definitely stay again. Please keep in mind that the spa is open from 10:00-5:00 and they close on time. As far as the spa, loved it! If you are in need of some reflection time, great zen music, operational steam room ( once again, towels!!!) but a minor inconvenience. Great whirlpool and showers. You will not be disappointed. My wife and I were pleased and loved the staff. Thank you for a wonderful time Atlantic!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank oiler89
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Oiler, Thanks for letting us know about your experience. I appreciate you letting us know about the details where we could improve. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Atlantic surpassed our expectations in every way. My husband and I stayed here for two days this summer and really enjoyed ourselves. Valet was always polite and very quick. They'd literally run to get your car, and it might have taken two minutes, max. It was around $28/day, but well worth the money. The customer service was amazing! Check in was fast and easy and the staff made it a point to greet and smile at you each time you entered or exited the hotel. They were always gracious and helpful. The hotel was clean, quiet and very modern. Our room was spacious for a hotel, and had all of the amenities that you’d expect from a great hotel, plus more. The oceanfront room was impressive, and we had a really nice view of the ocean and palm trees, along with the pool. Despite the children playing near the water, we couldn’t hear much because of the sliding glass door. It was virtually sound proof. We were also within walking distance of the beach and plenty of shops. The bed was super comfortable and we had no problems falling asleep fast. The room contained an abundance of alcohol, soda, water, snacks, coffee and tea. The exercise room on the fifth floor was small, but included everything one would need for a sufficient workout. We didn’t visit the spa, but heard the service was decent. Breakfast was superb, specifically the French toast and omelets. There’s nothing bad to say about this place. I’d stay here again any time.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrvlLover80
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My niece and I originally booked a stay in South Beach to celebrate her birthday. Our plans had to change and we booked in Fort Lauderdale at this hotel at the last minute. I'm glad we did. The hotel was wonderful. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and up to date. The location was excellent. The staff were excellent and very helpful in giving us directions. Hats off to the chef as well. I was really surprise. I would definitely stay here during my next visits to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank g0dsgift
Reviewed July 27, 2013

What can I say this Hotel is customer service at its best. The staff are really fantastic and nothing is too much trouble.

The suites are fabulous, large and the beds are unbelievable comfy. We stayed in the Suite by the pool, its the only one on the 5th Floor - it was just perfect for us. Ask for a full sea view its definitely worth it. The rooms are well stocked with quality toiletries and bath robes. Its great to have a kitchen in as well just to store some extra bits to get you through the day.

The Beach is great although we had no trouble at all getting a sun bed by the pool. Food in the restaurant is really good, especially breakfast. The concierge service is the best I've ever experienced the ladies were so helpful.

The SPA was wonderful and great to spend the last day in before a long flight back to the UK. The staff at the hotel work like a genuine team no matter what job they do it was always the same professional standard - they made it feel like home. This is very special and not something you always find in hotels.

Room Tip: The suite on the 5th floor or a high floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa_B556
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Atlantic Hotel recently (after going there last summer as well). They have some great packages (Educator, VIP, etc.) which can save you a lot when booking.

Upon arrival I requested an oceanfront with two queen beds instead of the one king bed which was part of the package that I had purchased. Even though they didn;t have a room available for that first night, they were able to move us to a room that had two queen beds and an even better oceanfront view for the remaining five nights of our stay. One employee in particular, Saurym, was excellent in doing what she could to make our stay enjoyable. She took great care of us whenever any issues or needs arose. One of the concierges, Sheryl, also was a help in providing information for things to do when down there.

The new room that we were placed into had an issue with the toilet, but it was promptly fixed. One afternoon housekeeping didn't come but someone brought up towels once I called.

The spa with free jacuzzi, suana and whirlpool is great-but seems underutilized by guests. Pool area is nice as well, even though the pool is not all that big.

Restaurant serves a nice breakfast even though they are a little pricey--portions are decent however. Most days the breakfast kept us full until dinner time.

The minor issues are definitely made up for by the great location and views and the efforts of those employees who go above and beyond to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Marc, We appreciate your patronage and your thoughtful comments. I am especially delighted to hear the names of the associates you named. I'm also glad you enjoyed the use of the Spa facilities. We think they're uncrowded because of our intimate 124 room size. I sincerely hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

First off, you can't beat the location of this hotel. It is right across the street from a very clean, beautiful beach, and within walking distance of many restaurants, bars, etc. Nice neighborhood.

Our experience from beginning to end was wonderful. The front desk clerks remembered our names throughout our two day stay, as well as the General Manager and the F&B Manager.

We ate at the restaurant the first night. Excellent service there as well. They moved our table when we requested it, and added another table when friends joined us as we dined on the outside patio. The food was exceptional. The waiter also directed us to a local bar where we had a great time hanging out with locals.

The front desk gave us upgrade when we checked in to a beautiful room overlooking the swimming pool and outdoor cafe. The room itself was enormous, comfortable, and quiet. It included a huge bathroom with a large vanity, a soaking tub, and a walk in shower. My only complaint was that the lighting was was not sufficient to put on my makeup. A lighted make-up mirror would solve that issue (hint-hint).

Other than one incident when my husband walked out to ask the valet to retrieve our vehicle and was ignored while they chatted amongst themselves, the valet and bell service was just as professional as the rest of the staff.

Definitely our hotel of choice when we return to Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Calliach, Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay went. We appreciate your business. Thanks for the suggestion about lighted makeup mirrors -- we're actually in the process of installing them in our rooms right now. I hope that you'll be able to enjoy them on your next stay.