“Great hotel, great location”

Atlantic Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as a couple. We had a beachfront/seaview apartment, it was huge! The bathroom was big big big, a very impressive room with a balcony right accross the seafront. We ate dinner breakfast and lunch at various times in the hotel and all were great, especially the breakfast. The servie was 5*, front desk, concierge and the restaurant staff all excellent. The ONLY reason I would give this a 4* instead of 5*'s was because our room was inter-connecting with another room (not with friends so the inter-connecting doors were both locked) but we could hear everything from the other room, including them walking up and down the room! I'm not sure if alll the rooms in the hotel connect, but if they don't then try to get one which doesn't, as we had a poor sleep for all three nights for this reason. Great hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher G, General Manager at Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Zoe, Thank you for visiting us. I am so delighted that your enjoyed our service and amenities. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was greeted with an amazing smell of tropical citrus as I entered this remarkably clean and elegant hotel. The staff was so welcoming and kind and more than accommodating. My check-in was quick and informative. The location is right on A1A and across the street from the beach. It is just a stunning location. My room was HUGE and the bed could not have been more comfortable. Everything about the room and location was wonderful. The only down side was the disappointing meal I had at the hotel restaurant (dinner). All the food was obtuse. It was overdone, not tasty and very pricey. The service was good and the cocktails were fantastic.
I had a city view room, which was fine for the rate I paid which I think was one of the best luxury values I have had. Valet is overpriced, but all valet is overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tasty, Thank your for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to serve you. Thanks for your thoughtful comments on the details as well. I hope that you can return and try our less fussy restaurant option to be launched next month.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just recently returned from a long weekend trip to Ft. lauderdale. Stayed at the Atlantic largely based on the positive reviews here at tripadvisor, and my wife and I really enjoyed our stay. Super clean, huge room, great view of the ocean. The restaurant on site was excellent as well. The only reason I wouldn't consider it an 'excellent' stay was because on Saturday at about 3pm, we had to leave the pool area so the hotel could set up for a wedding. It was somewhat disappointing since it was our first day there, and I'm not too psyched about sitting on a beach. When I asked if they had weddings often, I was told it was a fairly frequent thing, so I'm assuming its something that happens almost very Saturday.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cabinfever, Thank you so much for your nice rating. We are grateful for your business. Thanks also for sharing your pool experience with us. We have taken steps to minimize the impact of pool events in the future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Slightly dissapointed with our stay. Good luck getting an customer service. Front desk employees are rude. Pool service attendents never once asked if we needed anything. My husband and I were there for 3 hours. Not asking to be waited on hand and foot, but would nice to ask if we needed anything. Bar tender told us we should of received free drink coupons. Husband went to front desk and was told because we booked through Travelocity we would get one. Bed sheets don't even fit the bed. Will stay somewhere else when we come back to Fort Lauderdale. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mlinndye

Dear Mlinndye, I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. I would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. We take our guests' satisfaction very seriously.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a wonderful property! I reserved an ocean front room with balcony based on the photos posted on Atlantic website. Don't expect the large, tiered front balcony with lounge chairs unless you specify. We were offered an upgrade to a suite, but when we arrived in our room it was not ocean front, but side ocean view...and the view was more overlooking an empty dilapidated hotel next door. We were promptly moved to an ocean front room (as we had reserved) which was much more to our liking. While the rooms have full kitchens (actually they are more of a condo), the hotel doesn't have ice machines and the fridge in our room didn't have a working ice maker so expect to tip housekeeping/dining room for ice delivery! Excellent bar, expensive dining. Pool closes at dusk and bar doesn't open poolside until 11am...no place to get a Bloody Mary! AND apparently it is okay to send someone down to reserve the awesome large tanning couches. We arrived poolside at 9am and there was a couple fully clothed propping towels and bags on the chaise ... We were in the pool an hour and they never sat and used it! I thought it quite rude.

All in all very nice place. Staff s accommodating and beautiful bathrooms, very comfy beds and linens.

2  Thank TxAggieAndHisWife

Dear Texas, Thanks for your kind words, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Sorry about the confusion with room types. Our "Oceanfront" Rooms face directly to the beach, "Oceanview" looks down the beach from the side. I hope you visit us again when your travels bring you back to Florida.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a great experience. We booked this hotel under its own mid-week special - we received a very good rate for the caliber of room (close to half off the normal peak-time weekend rates). The room we booked was an ocean view, but on the side of the property - still a nice view. The room we had included a small kitchenette, fully stocked with cookware, utensils, plates/bowls etc. This was nice as it allowed us to eat in a few times. The location was walkable to some of the entertainment areas of Ft. Lauderdale beach. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear BayCity, I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our kitchens and kitchenettes are a great feature. Thanks gain for staying with us - I hope you can return soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived today a little after 3pm only to be told (after we checked in) that the pool was closed for the remainder of the day because they were having a wedding. My only choice was to go to the beach. Had I bee told when I booked the room I would not have access to the pool, I would have stayed somewhere else. When I complained to the front desk, they were not sympathetic. The front desk did say they would comp a couple of lounge chairs for my wife and I at the beach. We were handed two small towels and told to go across the street. When we arrived there, the attendant was closing for the day (the front desk probably knew this and that is why they agreed to comp the chairs). After a half hour of sitting uncomfortably on the beach we came back up to the room. I am now sitting on my balcony - not what I expected. Dinner not for another 3 hrs. Very disappointed.

3  Thank Matt M

Dear Matt, Please accept my apology for the disruption to your stay. I would love to have the opportunity to regain your business. Please contact me at your convenience.