2,378 results
All reviews ocean front across the street steam room huge bathroom pool area beautiful hotel fifth floor mini kitchen upgraded to a suite partial ocean view valet parking one bedroom suite an umbrella lauderdale beach fitness center lounge chairs beach towels
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a wonderful stay after a trip to Atlantis, Bahamas, May 2013. Paid extra when booking to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite if available. It was & well worth the little we paid extra. The suite was enormous & well appointed. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was huge, living room very large and nice to have a kitchen with a Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator, etc. Pool area very nice overlooking the ocean. After the luxury of Atlantis, we still were comfortable here. Not difficult to cross street to beach.
Nice that it is was a bit away from the craziness of downtown but still close to it. A short walk to Casablanca restaurant for lunch made for a pleasant afternoon. Valet had our car to us as soon as we were in the lobby ( $28 for parking expensive but the going rate, I believe).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Sharon, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed visiting us after your Bahamas getaway. Thanks for your business!

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed again this year for the 7 year running
Excellent facilities , new manager reckonises tiredness and will refurbish this year
Highly recommended as an all suite hotel with oversized suites fully equipped gym and Olympic length pool for laps
Being on the refurb pls for next winter

• Stayed: December 2012
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Roger, Thank you for your very nice comments. I look forward to welcoming you back for your eighth year and showing you all of our new investments and improvements.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed at the Atlantic June 2012, got a great rate of $139 through Expedia. They had a little blip and somehow the hotel did not have our reservation. No problem, was very well-handled and they even bumped us up to a premium room. Very impressed.

There were iPads in the rooms which allowed you to get information on restaurannts etc, and a very wonderful concierge. Sorry that I've forgotten her name, but she helped us choose a restaurant, made the reservations, and upon arrival, found she ordered us shrimp cocktails on the house. Wow. Room was spacious and comfortable, the rest of the staff super-friendly.

So naturally, we chose the Atlantic again for this years' trip (each time stayed 2 days coming back from Key West). The rates were significantly higher this year, which I attributed to the month of year.

Check-in again very smooth & friendly. Got a nice oceanview room, like the idea of a kitchenette as we had grown tired of restaurant food for b'fast. At that point a bowl of cereal and blueberries is quite welcome! They had a plate of cookies and a personalized welcome card. Nice touch.

The housekeeping was pretty substandard, as was the newer concierge. Housekeeping never removed or washed used dishes. I had to run water into the tub, and could not figure out how the water released (no, I'm not dumb, there was no lever or other way to lift the stopper!). Evidently housekeeping couldn't either, as the water remained in the tub for 2 days. They neglected to leave washcloths, and don't dust very well either.

Ipads were removed this time, not sure why - they seemed like a nice idea.

The concierge leaves promptly at 5 pm, which I find amazing. I would thing there might be guests who need assistance beyond then. She seemed more interested in getting rid of us than helping. When you ask about restaurants a concierge should give more options than in the hotel, or closeby (we even mentioned we wanted Los Olas Blvd). So that was a big disappointment as well.

Ultimately, this hotel was fantastic the first time, and even better considering the price. At $139 it's great, and more than twice the rate, it isn't palatable. Certain individuals made me think that we'll stay elsewhere next time.

2  Thank tjsnaab

Dear Tjsnaab, Thank you for choosing us once again. I am sorry to hear of the inconsistencies you experienced. Please know that we will use your feedback to improve our performance in the future. Please feel free to contact me if I may offer any additional assistance at this time or in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed for our 25th Anniversary and were impressed in every way. The staff are very gracious and well trained. They act respectfully, with class, but without the pretense of some hotels. Lobby isn't huge, but in cities, lobby's are often small. Front desk was wonderful, allowed us to check in early. Most wonderful, upgraded us to a 1 bedroom in celebration of our anniversary. Room was lovely! Spotlessly clean, kitchenette, bedding and pillows are wonderful. Then later, the manager sent up a bottle of champagne and we were given 2 free drink tickets. I talked to others at the hotel who were treated like this, so we weren't the only couple receiving service above and beyond. Everyone loved it.
Yes, the beach is across the busy street, but there is a traffic light. No, you do not have to risk life and limb to get across the street like some other reviewer said. Silly comment as any hotel on this strip will require you to cross the street. The chairs at the beach are not free anywhere on the beach or any other beach in Florida, Mexico, the Islands, Hawaii, so why the other reviewer thought they were just shows he's not well-traveled. We did not eat in any of the restaurants or use the spa. The gym looks very good, we didn't have time, but my husband thought it looked like a good facility. This hotel also sell their units, so it is also home to some of the guest. The place feels like it could be someone's home. Parking was $28 per day. Location is a bit North of the shopping/nightlife. It's a walk, but not too far. For us, we didn't want to be right in the frenzy of the public beach area. Pool isn't huge, but none of them are in any hotel on the beach. It's a good sized pool though. Perfect temperature, great for lap swimming, no deep end, more of a sports pool. Beautiful view and sooooo relaxing.
Definately a great choice for a visit. Thank you to the staff and management for making our visit so lovely!

Room Tip: Keep in mind that Oceanfront will have bright sun at sunrise and shadows at sunset. But can't beat the view during the day. Oceanviews still have beautiful views of the beach and you can see the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear SKJ, Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps we can be your special anniversary getaway.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

i recently stayed in Fort Lauderdale and my travel advisor booked me at the Atlantic hotel. The welcome was warm, the staff was very friendly. I was happily surprise to know that i was upgrade to a beautiful suite with a very large living room / kitchenette. Spa credit, complimentary breakfast... i simply love my travel advisor. The hotel was a perfect value for a business stay with vacations feeling.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Thibaut, Thanks for staying with us. Travel advisors can be great. I'm so happy they sent you our way.