2,303 results
All reviewsocean frontacross the streethuge bathroomsteam roompool areabeautiful hotelfifth floormini kitchenupgraded to a suitevalet parkingpartial ocean viewone bedroom suitean umbrellalauderdale beachvalet stafffitness centerlounge chairs
Reviewed May 18, 2013

i recently stayed in Fort Lauderdale and my travel advisor booked me at the Atlantic hotel. The welcome was warm, the staff was very friendly. I was happily surprise to know that i was upgrade to a beautiful suite with a very large living room / kitchenette. Spa credit, complimentary breakfast... i simply love my travel advisor. The hotel was a perfect value for a business stay with vacations feeling.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Thibaut, Thanks for staying with us. Travel advisors can be great. I'm so happy they sent you our way.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

From the moment we walked into the Atlantic Hotel, we were treated with courtesy and smiles from everyone we came into contact with. We arrived early for our 3 night stay, and did not expect that we'd be able to check in. Upon asking Pheline at the front desk if there was any chance we might get into our room a bit earlier, she aimed to please! Though the room we originally booked was not ready, she was happy to help us settle into an alternate suite, and once we got a glimpse of the room -- we were nothing short of anxious to get in and get settled. The city view suite was like a mini apartment compared to so many hotel rooms we've stayed at in the past. The living area was nice and spacious, comfortable, and had a walk out balcony overlooking the city, with comfortable outdoor seating. The kitchenette is more than ample - fully stocked with pots, pans, stemware, utensils, plates, everything you could possibly need. The bedroom was just as large and spacious, with a wonderful bed and a huge bathroom with an individual area for the toilet and separate tub and shower. The shower is larger than the one I'm used to at home -- definitely a plus! Both rooms are equipped with flat screen televisions and a nice bose music system in the living room/suite area. Though we never did run into housekeeping, they certainly took care of our room and left us lovely chocolates on the bed at turn-down. We would absolutely come back and stay here again -- can't wait till we do, as a matter of fact :)
What truly made the experience, in addition to the lovely room itself, was the staff. Pheline & Jarvis at the front desk seemed genuinely interested in ensuring we had a great time while in Ft Lauderdale -- Thanks so much! *If anything could be changed, I'd say lighting in the bathroom & vanity area could be a little brighter -- especially for ladies who want to spend a few minutes on hair/makeup.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ellzebeth

Dear Ellzebeth, Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The initial feeling on arrival at this hotel was one of disappointment. The lobby is very ordinary and doesnt do the place justice but on entering the ocean front studio rooms which are both spacious, and well appointed this feeling didnt last. We found the beds comfortable, the bathroom was very large and the view from our sea front balcony was stunning. The mystery of operating the coffee machine was promptly solved by a very pleasant member of staff. It was also easily able to do some academic work using the room's free wifi. The sea front breakfast room is both over priced and has an ambience on its terrace which doesnt encourage one to dine there. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank randn94
Christopher G, General Manager at The Atlantic Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Randn, I am pleased you had a nice start to your holiday with us. I do also hope you'll be back. Thanks also for other insights to your experience. Please be assured that we will use them to improve.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Not sure where to start on this dump.

We arrived at 3:30 and were told "to wait over there" for our room to be ready. At 4:00, the check-in time, we were given the keys to the first room that was ready. Seemed odd considering there was nobody to be seen anywhere in the lobby or on the front porch.

The Room: Spacious however smelled musty and damp. Zero, and I mean zero internet service. Had to wait to be on the street to use my phone. None of the surfaces looked to have been windexed in weeks. On the bedside table lingered rings of the previous guests drink. There is a good sized fully equipped kitchenette, however the mini fridge was not cooled down and had mildew on the inside. We thought, let's call housekeeping and head over to the beach...Needless to say, housekeeping never came that afternoon or evening to clean our room.

The Beach: Directly across from the hotel. Be prepared to cross over A1A and take your life into your hands. Not good for families. Lots of traffic so I can't imagine what it would be like during the busy season. When we arrived on the beach, to what we were told was the resort beach, we found dingy lounge chairs and umbrellas. After sitting down for 5 minutes, we were approached by a City of Fort Lauderdale employee that told us to rent the beach gear, it would be $20 for the umbrella and $12 for each chair, no these were not part of the resort, great.
We headed up to the pool instead.

The Pool: Do not be deceived by the pictures on the website. The pool is about half the size of what is shown. There are only 20 lounge chairs, a small bar with a sticky floor around it and a creepy employee that walks around the pool area who will offer to give you an umbrella, but that is about it. They should get him to serve drinks considering there is no beverage service. This is a lap pool, no deeper end.

The Spa: Booked a 50 minute manicure that turned out to be 25 minutes total. When I arrived, some of the employees were at the reception desk trying on clothes and bathing suits that they were trying to sell at the spa. I found this to be very unprofessional. The woman that did my nails was nice enough, but left after polishing my nails and never waited to see if they were dry or if I was satisified, hence the smudge I had before leaving.

The Brasserie Restaurant: Hostess was rude when we asked to see a menu after our manicures, that was enough for us not to even try it.

Overall, if I had to do it over again, I would have checked out on the first night. Employee Staff is unprofessional, unfriendly, uninformed, and just plain rude. Fort Lauderdale has loads of other hotels that are eager to welcome guests and treat them well.

The only good thing about this hotel is their conceirage, Sheryl who directed us to the Water Taxi, a must go on attraction that will cruise you through the intercoastal and show you the amazing houses and yachts in the area...And also the hotel we checked into after getting out of The Atlantic.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank megsy575

Dear Megsy, I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Please reach out to me at the hotel if I may offer some additional assistance.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you're looking for an awesome atmosphere, stay here. The rooms are huge and completely updated with style. It included a big kitchenette (with stovetop!), plush beds, and a great location. We had an ocean view room which is on the side of the building. I really enjoyed this spot since we were able to see both the sunrise & sunset from the balcony. The only flaw is the $28 for overnight parking fee but in my opinion I thought the quality of the place was well above what we actually paid so the price evened out. When you check in you get a voucher for 20% off spa items. I went for a facial and thought it was just average. I've stayed at quite a few places in Fort Lauderdale and will definitely be coming back to the Atlantic!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandra Z

Dear Alexandra, We're so happy you flew over to spend some time with us. Thank you for being our guest.